Joining the Renault boys and girls soon! Few questions...

sorrynoname

Not going to be getting one until maybe about 6 months, but I’m very excited anyway! 

Looking to get a 265 Cup as an upgrade from my Nissan Pulsar (same engine as the Clio) and wanted to know a few things...

I’ll definitely be getting an upgrade on tires first.

When I eventually get one, I gather that Adrian at Race Spec is the best place for a tune? Does anyone have before and after dyno results for these? 

In terms of modifications, should I go for an exhaust and intake or is it not really needed? Heard replacing the resonator with a midpipe might be the way to go? 

SO MANY QUESTIONS

Good choice mate good luck! 

Ive got a ktec CAI and it sounds awesome, big loud breaths almost like a dump valve. I think it’s got a marginal increase in HP. No exhaust mods but I think the stock in sports mode is plenty for sound. Super chips blue fin handheld tuning device with a remap gives it + 50hp and +60nm which you can change to OEM whenever you like very easy to use. Highly recommend both of these! 

Edited by Renoob

2 hours ago, sorrynoname said:

Thanks guys! So @Renoob you've had good things with chip tuning? That is like a piggyback tune right? Was wondering if that was the way to go, or would a custom local ECU dyno tune be the best for me.

Thanks for the info guys! So excited but half a year is a way long time.

Yes I’ve had no issues and plenty of fun 😛 Im not sure if it’s a piggy backing as I’m new to tuning myself, but from what I’ve gathered the plug and play remap is more of a basic tune designed to suit basic mods, whereas your custom tune will be more catered to you’re driving preferences and mods and will be less limited in performance capability. It would probably suit someone that was pretty serious about power increase. But I would definitely recommend talking to a local tuner to get the best understanding. 🙂