New owner!

Renoob

Hey guys proud new owner here finally getting a chance to post! Picked up an incredible 2013 265cup+ and could not be any happier. Definitely worth the drive from brissy to Townsville. Such an amazing car, so much fun to drive and gorgeous inside and out. Came with a Superchips bluefin remap and a KTR intake so performance and sound is just sublime. A friend with an M235i was more than impressed. 

Pretty grateful I didn’t end up with a focus or a golf (my other options) which were not even comparable once I saw and drove the 265.  

Looking forward to Renaulthood!

403E61F7-471D-4EC3-97CD-DA4205DD4643.jpeg

42212EF5-6A5E-463B-BC83-C5EB1F4F988C.jpeg

87E3BABB-35D0-4325-8AB4-1F2DAC171037.jpeg

98AA5280-39DC-4AEF-AC80-C1901DCA5478.jpeg

BBC79045-EACA-4F84-A4A0-B8CB6A2B49C7.jpeg

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum. I've had my MY12 265 Cup for 5 years now, done 120 Kkm and still love to drive and look at it. They get better the more you drive them and mine makes me want to be a better driver. 🙂  Magic! Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Congrats!!! You should have yelled out when picking up, the brisbane folk would have loved to host you and share our love of these amazing cars

Also you did opposite to me. I got my in Townsville and drive her back to Brisbane, what a drive to get acquainted [emoji7]

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chuckovski said:

Congrats!
Yes they hold their own. I thought I'd be totally won over by the focus RS LE I drove this week but it was maybe just a tiny bit better (caveat is I'll be driving it for longer tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much more). The Megane has ruined the fun of buying a new car!

Thanks!

Focus R.S. is an absolute weapon I can only imagine how wild of a ride it is! Definitley a tough choice especially with the awd, and that blue is quite something.

20 hours ago, ScottS said:

Congrats!!! You should have yelled out when picking up, the brisbane folk would have loved to host you and share our love of these amazing cars

Also you did opposite to me. I got my in Townsville and drive her back to Brisbane, what a drive to get acquainted emoji7.png

Cheers! If I had known how active community was I definitley would have, I’ll keep it in mind if I’m ever down there.

haha wow I couldn’t find a single one here that’s a find and a half to come from brissy! What did you pick up? 

And yeah beautiful drive, can’t complain about a 14 hour test drive 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Docmattic said:

Looks great mate. How any kms?

I have the same version in white. Grey looks really good! 

Thanks 🙂 picked it up with 76 000 and had just done major timing work so I was pretty pleased. Awesome it’s a great edition I love the moonroof and the seats, two of my favourite features. The white is very nice I looked  at a few but I didn’t want to go any further than I needed to. I really do like the grey but before I bought it the photos really didn’t do it justice and i was actually just settling for that colour. I had seen some other photos of different cars with a much darker looking grey and really wanted that but was happy to deal with it. Fortunately for me, in person the colour was exactly the grey I wanted, it just looked very light from photos being taken in direct sunlight. Similar to the photos uploaded. It looks closer to this in person —->

52396B09-34EF-4B4D-AB19-5CD3B43B4CCC.jpeg

Cheers! If I had known how active community was I definitley would have, I’ll keep it in mind if I’m ever down there.
haha wow I couldn’t find a single one here that’s a find and a half to come from brissy! What did you pick up? 
And yeah beautiful drive, can’t complain about a 14 hour test drive [emoji16]

I picked up a 265 trophy 8:08, from the guy that owns Casey Dentists in Townsville, 4 year old car with 8K km. Was a couple of years ago now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Renoob said:

a much darker looking grey

There's really only two greys for 265s of that era. Oyster (what you've got) and mercury (basically Silver). Oyster tends to look very different on different cars and in different lights - as you've found out. Later there was Titanium which was a slightly blue tinge.

Can't imagine those leather seats being too comfortable in TSV...

• Like 1