New Renault owner

Detuned

Hi, Ive never owned a Renault before and new to the forums so thought I should introduce my self. I picked up a 2014 Megane rs265 cup in LY nearly a month ago. I must say it’s an absolute pleasure to drive for a front wheel drive and love it. The car is standard apart from the Maxton body kit and upgraded stereo. At times I feel like I need a bit more noise (deeper and more pops) and thinking of a resonator delete and may be a tune. Then again thought I’ll enjoy the car as is for now and take it one step at time.

Cheers

Kevin

ae381c0f77b1a0084f86cf79bdd97540.jpg6fa9b02c350ffb1b2d97f7ed08ce151a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Resonator delete and magnaflow exhaust - you’ll love it.

Beautiful car by the way!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wantamanual said:

Beautiful car and colour.  

My exhaust doesn't give any pops or crackles, even in sports mode, what am I doing wrong? 

Driving too gently probably. Check fuel consumption. If impressively low, then you may just need to apply more throttle more often to achieve pops and crackles 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wantamanual said:

Beautiful car and colour.  

My exhaust doesn't give any pops or crackles, even in sports mode, what am I doing wrong? 

Sport mode, sport or extreme throttle setting, drive it hard, wait for the exhaust to warm and it’ll snap and pop!

2 hours ago, No152 said:

Driving too gently probably. Check fuel consumption. If impressively low, then you may just need to apply more throttle more often to achieve pops and crackles 👍

😂 😂. I went for a spirited drive around some industrial areas last night and it didn’t do it. It was great to feel the effects of the LSD.

Now I may need to read the manual again, but other than putting it in sport mode, is the throttle setting adjustable?

Edited by Wantamanual

[emoji23] [emoji23]. I went for a spirited drive around some industrial areas last night and it didn’t do it. It was great to feel the effects of the LSD.
Now I may need to read the manual again, but other than putting it in sport mode, is the throttle setting adjustable?
Awesome cars aren't they?
Throttle setting wouldn't make any difference.
What's the model you have? Some have adjustability and some don't.
I suggest you go and see an exhaust place today! Mine cost me $70 and it was the best money I've ever spent

4 hours ago, chuckovski said:

I suggest you go and see an exhaust place today! Mine cost me $70 and it was the best money I've ever spent

I think the throttle settings DO make a difference. When you lift off abruptly to change gears in sport or extreme mine bangs a lot more readily than in linear...

27 minutes ago, speedfiend41 said:

I think the throttle settings DO make a difference. When you lift off abruptly to change gears in sport or extreme mine bangs a lot more readily than in linear...

I don’t seem to be able to adjust my rhrottle setting, perhaps mine is not adjustable? My car is 2014 265 cup premium.

Select the + symbol, scroll down to throttle and select the one you want. I never use anything less than sport - it just feels doughy...

• Like 1

On 29/09/2018 at 10:30 AM, chuckovski said:

Hey there!

Where abouts is this exhaust place you speak of? And was it $70 to remove the cat and fit a straight pipe in position?

Hey there!

Where abouts is this exhaust place you speak of? And was it $70 to remove the cat and fit a straight pipe in position?

Rapid exhaust fairy meadow (Illawarra)

It was removing the centre resonator and fitting a straight pipe.

I'm not going to be doing anything to my cat; if anything it will be a sports cat, keeping it legal

• Like 1

Rapid exhaust fairy meadow (Illawarra)It was removing the centre resonator and fitting a straight pipe.
I'm not going to be doing anything to my cat; if anything it will be a sports cat, keeping it legal
They are horrible people I got my glass pack from there and lost power 3 times with them and then refused to give me my money back

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

They are horrible people I got my glass pack from there and lost power 3 times with them and then refused to give me my money back

I have to say what they did for me was pretty straightforward. With my Clio they did ask if I wanted the 2ndary cat removed and I just left it with the resonator removal. I can't vouch for anything more complicated like what you got done Dom. Sorry to hear about your experience!

I have to say what they did for me was pretty straightforward. With my Clio they did ask if I wanted the 2ndary cat removed and I just left it with the resonator removal. I can't vouch for anything more complicated like what you got done Dom. Sorry to hear about your experience!
I ended up getting the full Koya system and yeah it was dry annoying 320 plus 300 in power runs down the train

Did you follow up the muffler install with a custom tune to actually make use of its potential performance benefits?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My has already been tuned by ace we were doing power runs to see and I lost like 15kw at the beginning but now with Koya gladly have gained nm

On 29/09/2018 at 10:30 AM, chuckovski said:

4 wheel drifts in these cars are fun!

I took your advice and had the resonator removed today. Cost $88 and took less than 20 mins. 

It is a bit louder on normal mode, but not too loud just pottering around, no discernable drone, and on sport mode, much louder and frequent pops. Very happy so far, and I certainly don't feel the need to get a cat back exhaust or a straight through muffler for more noise. 

Edited by Wantamanual
  • Like 1