New member, new Mk3 Clio RS Angel & Demon

tjsugar

Hi All,

Just thought id drop a quick hello. I've just driven back from Brisbane, for my GF, a 2012 Clio RS Angel & Demon #422 (Grey). Fantastic condition and low kms. I have always thought these were such a great package of a car and when my GF said she wanted one or a Abarth, this was the winner. Would be great to go on a few drives here and there with it with everyone.

My ride is a 2015 Volvo S60 Polestar in Polestar blue #1200. 

Quick pic of the two below.

Cheers!

Tim

volvren2.jpg

• Like 12

Nice, saw this on Carsales, nice car, great package, factory 18's, full leather Recaros, keyless entry and that awesome matte paint(I'm a big fan of matte paint)

Don't worry what the naysayers say, the matte paint is EASY to look after, just use the right car wash(I use Nanolex and Swiss vax) dry it, kickback and admire, hides swirls, hides scratches....love the matte!!!!

To wash matte, I use Nanolex or swissvax wash(nanolex is cheap, swissvax bloody expensive) I then dry with a Bowdens big green sucker and maybe go over it with swissvax or Dr Beasley's final paint inspection, comes up wicked. I also use Dr Beasley's paint protection(like a ceramic coat for matte) and Swissvax Opaque wax(awesome)

Thanks guys. Yep, was a great buy, hence the trek up and back over the weekend.

Yea, i was a little hesitant on the matte paint. Its in immaculate condition too, so id like it to stay that way, if the GF can too haha. I did a ceramic coating on my Volvo so im thinking the same for the RS. I'm also using the PH free soap to wash it. I will have to look into those other ones.

• Like 1

Great buy, we had a grey A&D in the garage for a few years and I found the matte paint by far the easiest to live out of all the cars I've owned.

How have you found the polestar ownership?  I almost bought a wagon a couple years back when new and still might get myself into one one day.  Loved the noise and how comfy they were...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate. Yea I was thinking it’s super easy to clean and keep clean. Easier than the polestar and I’ve got a ceramic coating on that too. Yep, the polestar is the best car I’ve owned. Can’t fault it. Only thing is the turning circle is not ideal. But, the sound the make from the Ferrita exhaust is hard to beat. The package is fairly close to an amg/m/RS but for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tjsugar said:

Hi mate. Yea I was thinking it’s super easy to clean and keep clean. Easier than the polestar and I’ve got a ceramic coating on that too. Yep, the polestar is the best car I’ve owned. Can’t fault it. Only thing is the turning circle is not ideal. But, the sound the make from the Ferrita exhaust is hard to beat. The package is fairly close to an amg/m/RS but for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always loved these things. Volvo build quality is hard to beat.

• Like 1