My turn to say "Hi"

KemosTrophy

Hey there everybody. 

I've been hit by the RS bug real bad. I bought myself a 2017 Clio RS 220 Trophy last November as my daily drive as a Sydney based sales rep and on the weekend just gone I took delivery of a 2006 Megane RS 225 Cup F1. 

I'm currently going through the whole blue slip thing whilst on holiday up here in Port Mac and am looking forward to getting it back on Thursday (2 days away).

I look forward to accessing the collective brains trust available to me within the Oz Renault Sport forum.

Cheers Matt Green aka Kemo

20180616_154009.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, but only running it in its current stock format. There is a track day coming up in September that I would like to attend.

Thanks - chuckovski, SamR and mmh - looking forward to seeing what I can make of the Megane RS 225 Cup F1. The Clio I'm leaving as is for a while.

The blue slip discovered a faulty left ball joint and the complete rack so it's been a delayed start.

Turns out a Qld roads n transport RWC ain't worth the paper it's printed on.

Cheers Matt 

20180620_202630.jpg

20180620_203619.jpg

20180620_203649.jpg

20180619_175154.jpg

• Like 1

The NSW blue slip is far more rigorous than a roadworthy inspection. In QLD roadworthy inspection are not required each year, only when the car is sold. 

I recently had a QLD car registered in NSW and the engine number on the original rego from new was actually the part number barcode on the block. Apparently that’s quite common. Then I discovered the car had a new engine fitted under warranty and the rego hadn’t been updated by the dealer or owner. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, chuckovski said:

Bugger - grounds for suing due to a below par inspection?
still looks good

Win some you lose some. Yes I'm annoyed but I would have bought the car anyway, I would have made a lower offer. 

11 hours ago, vaughan said:

The NSW blue slip is far more rigorous than a roadworthy inspection. In QLD roadworthy inspection are not required each year, only when the car is sold. 

I recently had a QLD car registered in NSW and the engine number on the original rego from new was actually the part number barcode on the block. Apparently that’s quite common. Then I discovered the car had a new engine fitted under warranty and the rego hadn’t been updated by the dealer or owner. 

Vaughan to be honest I had no idea what was actually involved in an interstate car purchase. Now nothing would surprise me.

Thanks for the information.

That blue [emoji7]

I'm looking for one to transplant my BO 225 cup in to.

Hopefully you will be on the road soon Matt.

- Jason

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk