New Renault driver

Mattrix

Just thought I'd say a quick hello and post a pic of the car I just bought. I'm loving that there's a community of enthusiasts for these cars, and I'm loving even more the smile this car puts on my face every time I drive it. I had been tossing up between this and all the obvious options from other brands, but after test driving this I couldn't pass it up. I've already started buying "go fast bits" for it, will post up another thread documenting how the car progresses. Looking forward to chatting with everyone in the future!

Matt

30171516_10156259119998428_4378656165848296222_o.jpg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, RedMistVIP said:

What was your budget and what else you considering? 

Was willing to go up to about $7500 and was considering mainly Golf GTI and Focus XR5. Funnily enough 2 days ago I was driving in front of both of those cars on the freeway, and felt quite happy with my purchase, especially knowing that you barely ever see cars like mine on the road, compared to the other 2. Took her out for another blast today in the hills, with my mate in the passenger seat (who was suitably impressed) and my smile went from ear to ear. What an amazing vehicle, wishing I'd bought one sooner!

Now I'm attempting to install a TMC Motorsport tuning box, not so much for the performance but for the supposed fuel economy and little bit extra power in the bottom end. Only problem is, I can't find the camshaft position sensor. Looked everywhere except at the back of the engine, if someone can point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated!