RS265 "Sport Limited Edition"

Bskamp

Hi everyone, love this place, so much info! 

Im currently looking to get into a 265 and there seems to be really good deals on low km 2014 265 "sport" models, they are all pacific blue & have the recaro's, but seem to be cheaper than all other 265's with similar kms, could anyone possibly shed some light on whether these are any different to a regular 265 or why they seem to be cheaper? 

Cheers

Edited by Bskamp

1 hour ago, Bskamp said:

Hi everyone, love this place, so much info! 

Im currently looking to get into a 265 and there seems to be really good deals on low km 2014 265 "sport" models, they are all pacific blue & have the recaro's, but seem to be cheaper than all other 265's with similar kms, could anyone possibly shed some light on whether these are any different to a regular 265 or why they seem to be cheaper? 

Cheers

You should buy my 2012 RS250 Cup :) 

It's advertised on this forum - https://is.gd/ISlrYx

No money to spend, only $17,000.00 - Bargain!!!

Edited by RS250CUP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bskamp said:

.. will continue the hunt...

A lot to be said for ^^, ie https://is.gd/ISlrYx

or at least go through the Forum For Sale section and find something you like.

This forum is where you find the Enthusiast's cars. Not just randoms that don't know much about the cars they drive. Also, there's some particularly good service places that Enthusiasts here use that aren't K-Mart Tyre & Service. What that means is that tiny niggles are fixed well. As you can see from the topics on this forum, so many of the cars run without significant problems. There's a reason for that. You'll find more things wrong with cars on the Honda forum :-).

Many cars here are sold here because Owners want to move up to newer models. This makes for good buying opportunities.

So I suggest you buy something you like off this site fwiw. :)

Edited by clixx-io
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RS250CUP said:

You should buy my 2012 RS250 Cup :) 

It's advertised on this forum - https://is.gd/ISlrYx

No money to spend, only $17,000.00 - Bargain!!!

This is the one to buy!

• Like 1

Or this one if you want an 8:08 in LY with all the fruit...  Ex forum member's recently traded it seems.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Renault-Megane-2012/OAG-AD-15851742/?Cr=0

Plus 1 about don't get the Sport edition without the LSD.  One of Renault Australia's few really great ideas was to pretty much only bring in the Cup spec chassis in the Meg 3 (with that one exception)

That 250 is definitely the best value for sale right now, but as trivial as it may seem....I've got my heart set on having the recaros, might go have a look at a few cars locally in brisbane dealers that have the standard seats & see if i can change my mind...

1 hour ago, Bskamp said:

That 250 is definitely the best value for sale right now, but as trivial as it may seem....I've got my heart set on having the recaros, might go have a look at a few cars locally in brisbane dealers that have the standard seats & see if i can change my mind...

I’m with you on the Recaros. If you have your heart set on them don’t compromise. Good ones come up that are specced the way you want. 

All 8:08s, Red Bulls and I think AGPS have them standard. Then lots of Cups and Trophee models where that option was ticked by the first buyer.

in my view the Recaros are a must have as well, so I’m with you on that...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/04/2018 at 5:25 PM, Bskamp said:

I was the same when I was searching a few months back. Ended up getting a 250 with the regular seats...the recaros aren't that comfy...although they look amazing no doubt. As far as I know the regular seats are also recaros. And they do have decent bolsters...test both 

I was in a similar position few months ago. Must haves were Recaros and xenons.

Wanted a 256 but Trophy and RB8 were overpriced (im my opinion) so ended up with a 250 way under budget. 

With good tyres, tune, and maybe even a set of track wheels it should end up cheaper than a good 265.

Optimum spec is a 250 Cup Trophee with a good service history for sub 20k. 

Has all the good bits like recaros, xenons etc - The market doesn't seem to differentiate between price and spec all that much!