Megane 3 service cost + Brake pads

ESCO225

Hey guys!

Been looking to get back into a Meg for ages now, and I think I’ve found one that ticks almost all boxes.

The car is coming up to its 40,000km service and so I’ve negotiated the sale price down a bit, however I was wondering if you guys knew an estimate of how much roughly it would cost? (Barring no unforeseen problems).

The belts are to be changed at the 60k service is that correct?

I also noticed the brake pads looked a bit worn and might need replacing soon. Any information regarding this costing would also be great! And regarding the actual rotors, when do they usually need to be replaced?

Thanks a tonne!

belts every 4 years or 60k. Approx $1500 inclusive of a regular service. This was quoted by an Adelaide Renault dealer. Brake pads are not expensive and you can pick them up from Brakes Direct for about ~$80 a pair. Of course you can always up-spec for more coin.

If you need front and rear brake pads plus belts I would budget something in the region of $1800, plus or minus a few bucks

Rotors are hard to say as it would depend on the pad and how aggressive the current owner has been and whether or not they have been machined at all. DBA 4000 series (non slotted) can be bought for $180/rotor for fronts and $120/rotor for rears.

Edited by slippers
  • Like 2

You could just buy mine with a few more kilometres on the clock and not have to worry about spending anything at all!

My car is listed in the for sale section as "Metallic Black 2012 Megane RS250 For Sale"

Online ad with Trading Post - https://is.gd/Y0dbPA

Edited by RS250CUP

belts every 4 years or 60k. Approx $1500 inclusive of a regular service. This was quoted by an Adelaide Renault dealer. Brake pads are not expensive and you can pick them up from Brakes Direct for about ~$80 a pair. Of course you can always up-spec for more coin.
If you need front and rear brake pads plus belts I would budget something in the region of $1800, plus or minus a few bucks
Rotors are hard to say as it would depend on the pad and how aggressive the current owner has been and whether or not they have been machined at all. DBA 4000 series (non slotted) can be bought for $180/rotor for fronts and $120/rotor for rears.

Thanks for the reply, seems still quite affordable, still a while till the belts are due so that should be all good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note some items are 60k, some are 4 years and some are “4 years OR 60k” or “4 years OR 100k” so depending on how the car has been used the actual requirements for the service can be a bit all over the place.

The service guide has a pretty good matrix - but it can be a bit of a mental exercise tracking it in your head.