What Should I buy RS 265 or 275 ???

jzouy

Hi guys, 

Looking to join the Renault sport family. :) 

However, I'm in bit of a pickle about which one to go with. Currently looking at the Megane RS 265 Premium, 275 Cup Premium or 275 Trophy. I do like the look of the Recaro bucket seat and the Alcantara in the trophy, but heard mix review about them regarding comfort etc. (Do not like the cloth seats so the standard cup versions are out :)

Does any one own one of the above cars and if you could please share some of your experiences with them, that would be awesome!! 

Thanks guys!!! 

Where are you? You can check out my trophy+ with the leather standard seats. They last about 3.5 hrs before my butt starts to hurt. If you're after comfort they're pretty good. Mind you I don't think that anyone has complained about the normal race recaros. It's the pole position recaros in the trophy R that will be a tad less comfortable.

• Like 1

thanks for the reply chuckovski !! Im in Brisbane, do you use your trophy + as daily? I've seen alot of reviews for the Megans as a new car but haven't seen much after purchase reviews. Do you mind sharing bit of your experience if you dont mind mate? 

Im coming from a A3 quattro auto, so its a big change. Thanks mate!!

I love my Recaros :wub:

From my experience, it's such an awesome all rounder.

He'll happily do lap after lap at the track and then toddle home and be the shopping trolley.

I've also had him filled to the brim with camping gear with my son.

The stereo sucks but it's easily fixed with an amplifier upgrade as the basic unit and speakers do provide decent quality sound up to a point.

And for a car that steers so well, it doesn't have a ride that will require a visit to the dentist for new fillings after very outing.

The French know their shit when it comes to finding the perfect compromise without resorting to electronic trickery.

If your budget goes to a 275, go for it!

If you're in the mood to tinker and personalise, go the cheaper 265 and use the change to stick some bits on it that will take it beyond a 275.

• Like 1

If you're up to trying out the jetgo flight to Albion park I'll be able to show you in person [emoji3]

Yes at the moment it's a daily, but it will remain my long haul work horse due to being able to use it for tax purposes and it's more expensive than my Clio so the Clio does daily. It's been really good as a daily otherwise.

• Like 1

I should add that prior to getting 18" Tibors (the cup wheels) the steeves (19" standard on trophy and trophy+) were unbearable on some Sydney roads. That coupled with traffic sent me insane. Mind you those roads were the worst in Sydney, and I was fine diving around the Illawarra prior to doing a weekly Sydney trip.
Brisbane roads seem to be much better so that shouldn't be an issue. If you find it's a problem and you have 19s, you can swap to 18s or get 245 tyres as many on the forum have done. They're a lot cheaper and that bit more comfortable than the 235s just mind the Speedo!

Hi guys, 
Looking to join the Renault sport family. [emoji4] 
However, I'm in bit of a pickle about which one to go with. Currently looking at the Megane RS 265 Premium, 275 Cup Premium or 275 Trophy. I do like the look of the Recaro bucket seat and the Alcantara in the trophy, but heard mix review about them regarding comfort etc. (Do not like the cloth seats so the standard cup versions are out [emoji4]) 
Does any one own one of the above cars and if you could please share some of your experiences with them, that would be awesome!! 
Thanks guys!!! 
275 Trophy if you get chance. It's such an exciting car and a nice improvement over the 265 in power and dynamics and the Alcantara seats are lovely.

Hi guys, 
Looking to join the Renault sport family. [emoji4] 
However, I'm in bit of a pickle about which one to go with. Currently looking at the Megane RS 265 Premium, 275 Cup Premium or 275 Trophy. I do like the look of the Recaro bucket seat and the Alcantara in the trophy, but heard mix review about them regarding comfort etc. (Do not like the cloth seats so the standard cup versions are out [emoji4]) 
Thanks guys!!! 
Shame you don't like the cloth seats, I find them really comfortable and no burning your a*** in summer. I'm running a clio 200 sport 2015, heaps of fun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's the pole position recaros in the trophy R that will be a tad less comfortable.

Settle down, @chuck...the pole position recaros are great...it’s just the getting in and getting out that’s challenging, and they’re an object of bliss, given the noise and ride of the Trophy-R :D
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, haggisstig said:

Shame you don't like the cloth seats, I find them really comfortable and no burning your a*** in summer. I'm running a clio 200 sport 2015, heaps of fun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I too preferred the cloth seats over the recaro seats and bought my RS250 Cup for that reason as I felt my broader frame would struggle with the recaros and the fact they don't offer lumbar support or much padding at all IMO but they are cool to sit in and feel good once you're fixed into position and the value added "sex appeal" of the recaros make the car a bit more racey, even for inner city folk that will probably never reach fourth gear or figure out what sports mode is :D

I'd choose the leather recaros in the RB8 or 265 as opposed to the fabric recaros as I think they're probably more prone to bolster wear...

Edited by RS250CUP

Get the 275 Cup Premium boss. Excellent all rounder. You get all the good bits of an R (Akrapovic, Turini 19’s, Alcantara Recaros, alcantara steering wheel and gear boot) but a bit of $$$ saving and a tad more comfort.

In saying that, I love track - if I had my time again I’d of bought an R if they were still new when I bought mine haha.

Imagine how much faster you’d be with that 100kg saving [emoji7]. Still, spanked all the R’s at Wakefield day [emoji57] even with all the fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a Rs 265 and with 1000's of speed cameras down here, the cost for a Rs275 with the extra power.....ummm I couldn't justify it. i just got a fully optional Rs 265 and love it.
I love the full race recaros but i am too abit wider than the average Frenchmen haha. So I went for the basic buckts seats but in leather with the heated seats options and use it as a daily = is perfect for winter nights in Melb. i also have 19's and its harsh at first but i got used to it and you will start to spot the bumps on the road like the Terminator looking for Jon Connor and steer clear. 

The aircon is pretty good and it works for me with the leather seats but QLD is hot like a Mutha Fukk@!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got 265 Cup but I went for normal Renault sport seats (still made by recaro hehe) after owning few Honda Type Rs with recaro bucket seats I decided to give it up, those Renault sport seats are just perfect balance I think, the other thing is I can remove headrest on passenger side so my little boy has perfect view from his bucket seat at the back haha, he loves it

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, jzouy said:

However, I'm in bit of a pickle about which one to go with. Currently looking at the Megane RS 265 Premium, 275 Cup Premium or 275 Trophy. I do like the look of the Recaro bucket seat and the Alcantara in the trophy, but heard mix review about them regarding comfort etc. (Do not like the cloth seats so the standard cup versions are out :)

The 265 provides 95% of what the 275 does.   

Depends on the sort of driving you'll most likely be doing in the vehicle, regardless you're going to fall in love with either one. 

I don’t know what you lot have against the recaros haha. Just cleaned my interior. RS275 [emoji57]64e1fc6b3934d4898d53a96852b36de6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1