Gohard

Rs275 aircon relays/fuse location

Hey guys,

I have recently purchased a second hand rs275 and the previous owner said aircon was out of gas thats y it wasnt  cold. So i went and got it regas then the mech told me hes not sure why the compressor not kicking in and told me to take it back another day as he got no time.

Im a sparky by trade so abit of electrical background but can someone help me locate where the aircon fuses and relays are? My first Renault car and it seems like they are very secretive  and not easy to find service manuals or even labeling the fuses.

Many thanks!

Yes, would be good to have the information. Have had my 265 for 4 years and have not had to replace a fuse (touch wood), but would like to be able to if needed. Owners Manual says 'take it to the dealer' which, IMO, is BS. We know that it comes under the heading of 'price gouging' as no doubt you would be charged to have it done. :furious:  Oh, what ever happened to the simple days. :sicko:

this forum majority french im guessing? Lol

Anyway just an update from the mech, he said its all computer controls, so no such relays and that for it. 

A megane 275 that has had an A/C leak? that seems abit suspicious to me, just because its a relatively new car.

Maybe something has been previously damaged or changed? Can you see if the compressor clutch is engaging? If the A/C hasn't been used for a long time, could lead to other issues.

Could be anything though, maybe best idea to take it to an Auto electrician to check it out

275? Wouldn’t it be under warranty?
That's what I was thinking.

On 12/3/2017 at 12:01 PM, Gohard said:

Hey guys,

I have recently purchased a second hand rs275 and the previous owner said aircon was out of gas thats y it wasnt  cold. So i went and got it regas then the mech told me hes not sure why the compressor not kicking in and told me to take it back another day as he got no time.

Im a sparky by trade so abit of electrical background but can someone help me locate where the aircon fuses and relays are? My first Renault car and it seems like they are very secretive  and not easy to find service manuals or even labeling the fuses.

Many thanks!

I'd assume the fuses are located in the same spot as the 265/GT220, which is in 2 locations.

One is behind the glovebox and second is under the bonnet, to the right of the battery.

6 torx screws to remove the glovebox and for under the bonnet, 2 x 10mm sockets to loosen and lift the fuse box. The fuses are conveniently located underneath....

Then a test light to check both sides of each fuse in situ.

Learnt the hard way recently and ended up at renotech after removing and visually checking all the fuses and not finding the culprit.

Jules used the test light and found one to be out which fixed my issue.