First Renault (RS265)

Tael

Came to say hey hey

Bought this machine earlier this year after my previous car was written off due to a collision.

After carefully considering the market options, I became hooked for a Megane III RS so I set out for one. Ended up finding this nice example in my perfect combo (Pre-facelift, Grey, Cup+) from a top notch owner in Victoria. Paid for an interstate inspection (shout out to State Roads), flew down to make the deal, and drove it up for its new life in NSW. Funny story: Since rego cannot be transferred interstate, previous owner kept the plates and I drove up some 900km with nothing but a piece of paper (UVP permit). Didn't get pulled over once by highway patrol even though many had definitely spotted me. 1km out from home, I get pulled over by local PD...

Anyways I work nights so I'm mostly buzzing around the western burbs under moonlight, but look forward to hitting up cruises tacking onto the RS train... CHOO CHOO

pic of the car on registration day:

1qGTWFi.jpg?1

• Like 15

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Welcome! I suggest resonator delete asap. Best for never ending smiles.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hehe I actually really like the stock sound level. Sport mode is plenty loud ...for now.

The only thing that will possibly be deleted are the side decals as they're fading to pink.

On 10/16/2017 at 9:27 PM, Tael said:

Hehe I actually really like the stock sound level. Sport mode is plenty loud ...for now.

The only thing that will possibly be deleted are the side decals as they're fading to pink.

It's not only louder (only slightly) but it also liberates all the POPS!!!

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:08 AM, Tael said:

Came to say hey hey

Bought this machine earlier this year after my previous car was written off due to a collision.

After carefully considering the market options, I became hooked for a Megane III RS so I set out for one. Ended up finding this nice example in my perfect combo (Pre-facelift, Grey, Cup+) from a top notch owner in Victoria. Paid for an interstate inspection (shout out to State Roads), flew down to make the deal, and drove it up for its new life in NSW. Funny story: Since rego cannot be transferred interstate, previous owner kept the plates and I drove up some 900km with nothing but a piece of paper (UVP permit). Didn't get pulled over once by highway patrol even though many had definitely spotted me. 1km out from home, I get pulled over by local PD...

Anyways I work nights so I'm mostly buzzing around the western burbs under moonlight, but look forward to hitting up cruises tacking onto the RS train... CHOO CHOO

pic of the car on registration day:

1qGTWFi.jpg?1

Is that the underground carpark for Service NSW in Penrith?

18 hours ago, gabes1982 said:

It's not only louder (only slightly) but it also liberates all the POPS!!!

I'm all for more pop action... will definitely have a look into that.

2 hours ago, ace said:

Is that the underground carpark for Service NSW in Penrith?

Service NSW Liverpool.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Agree with deleting the resonator, huge grins inside and out. I have the same model but in white. Strange the stripes colour is washing out, no problems with mine after 4 years - maybe not waxed often enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk