Need Help

triplejjj96

Hi all I'm going to have a look at a 2015 Megane RS 265 Cup & a Clio RS Cup Premium and was just wanting a few opinions on which one I should get & roughly a fair price on the 2?

Here are the links to both.

Clio - https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1154842129

Megane - https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Renault-Megane-2015/SSE-AD-4115600/?Cr=3

Megane - https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Renault-Megane-2015/OAG-AD-14854729/?Cr=2

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Jayden

Megane.jpg

Screenshot_20170820-192643.jpg

Edited by triplejjj96
Updated

Hi and welcome!

They all look fine just be aware of Megane cups that are ex rental. they'd be approximately the age of those you're looking at - possible even that the privately sold one was. So be highly suspicious. Man they are great value though!!

I was in the position of choosing between the Clio IV and Megane III. Depending on your desire and needs I'd recommend the Megane. It is just so much more amazing. I have both now so I'm not biased at all ?. I don't for a second regret buying the Megane and having 2 years of it by itself. I actually think that I'd regret having bought the IV over it.

Also there's no spare in the IV only two baby seat anchor points, and a space saver spare and three baby seat anchor points in the Megane. 

1 hour ago, HamishW96 said:

Pffttt who has kids :wink:

Precisely, but also who doesn't calculate that booster seats are likely going to be the thing in the middle by the time you have three ...

By the way if the clio IV comes with those exquisite car seat covers or whatever they are then that's a bargain you can't walk away from!!!! PS it is a cup premium - a lot of sellers mislabel their cars but this one is spot on: cup because of the wheels and red calipers and premium because of the climate control (can't tell if the seats are leather or not because of the stylish covers but that's the giveaway)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chuckovski said:

Precisely, but also who doesn't calculate that booster seats are likely going to be the thing in the middle by the time you have three ...

Aahahaha chuck I'm glad you didnt succumb to the 4 door-ness so early :wink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chuckovski said:

By the way if the clio IV comes with those exquisite car seat covers or whatever they are then that's a bargain you can't walk away from!!!! PS it is a cup premium - a lot of sellers mislabel their cars but this one is spot on: cup because of the wheels and red calipers and premium because of the climate control (can't tell if the seats are leather or not because of the stylish covers but that's the giveaway)

Yeh those seat covers look awesome haha will give them both a test drive and see which one I like, like you said the clio is a cup premium which will come with a few extras plus going off those seat covers the clio hasn't been thrashed and been driven by a nanna haha

Cheers for the help

13 hours ago, chuckovski said:

Hi and welcome!

They all look fine just be aware of Megane cups that are ex rental. they'd be approximately the age of those you're looking at - possible even that the privately sold one was. So be highly suspicious. Man they are great value though!!

I was in the position of choosing between the Clio IV and Megane III. Depending on your desire and needs I'd recommend the Megane. It is just so much more amazing. I have both now so I'm not biased at all ?. I don't for a second regret buying the Megane and having 2 years of it by itself. I actually think that I'd regret having bought the IV over it.

Also there's no spare in the IV only two baby seat anchor points, and a space saver spare and three baby seat anchor points in the Megane. 

Copy that cheers mate will let you know how I go.

Would you still go the Megane over the clio even with the clio being a cup premium & the megane a standard cup?

3 hours ago, triplejjj96 said:

Copy that cheers mate will let you know how I go.

Would you still go the Megane over the clio even with the clio being a cup premium & the megane a standard cup?

Absolutely; the only extra I'd really like is bixenon headlights which don't come in either Megane cup or cup premium anymore. Or the Clio. Some love the Recaros but they don't come in the clio. The Megane cup comes with RS monitor as does the Clio. 

A tip to see if it's ex rental (unless anyone knows of any other more reliable ones) is to check the log book - I remember seeing "Hertz maintenance" or something with a different brand/model but it made it easy to pick. I don't think dealers are under any obligation to inform you where they bought it or it's owner history.

4 hours ago, chuckovski said:

A tip to see if it's ex rental (unless anyone knows of any other more reliable ones) is to check the log book - I remember seeing "Hertz maintenance" or something with a different brand/model but it made it easy to pick. I don't think dealers are under any obligation to inform you where they bought it or it's owner history.

Cheers for the tip, I'll let you know how I go :)

On 23/08/2017 at 9:54 AM, chuckovski said:

Absolutely; the only extra I'd really like is bixenon headlights which don't come in either Megane cup or cup premium anymore. Or the Clio. Some love the Recaros but they don't come in the clio. The Megane cup comes with RS monitor as does the Clio. 

Hey mate I also found this one.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Renault-Megane-2012/OAG-AD-14765878

Similar kms to the 2015 but trophy+ any recommendations on which one to go for?

12 hours ago, triplejjj96 said:

Hey mate I also found this one.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Renault-Megane-2012/OAG-AD-14765878

Similar kms to the 2015 but trophy+ any recommendations on which one to go for?

That is exactly the car I have but a year older and I've changed to 18s. 

It's really up to you and your budget - but the only pre-facelift that has the RS monitor 2.0 is the RB8. 

Trophy + is good if you're up for rare track days, if you're going to be a regular track goer then Recaro's are worth waiting for. The Trophy+ has niceties like electric seats and sunroof. If you don't care about that then don't bother - get the newer cup which has 18" wheels (don't know if I mentioned but the 19" tyres are bloody expensive! 18s ride better also). 

Also a 2012 will have needed to have the belts done - you need to be anal about this as it's an extra cost you'll have to burden. If it's not done then get them to knock off a couple of grand. 

Edited by chuckovski