A Tool Librabry In Sydney?

kylem

Does anyone know of a tool library or something similar to Autozone in the states where you hand over a deposit, grab the tools you need and return it for you deposit back...

I'm after things like a large breaker bar, torque wrench, puller, over sized sockets. Cheap enough to buy I know, but really a waste for a once off job.

Probably enough of us here with stuff they could lend out if you ask nicely!

Well no harm in giving that a go - Doing rear hubs so if anyone want to be particularly nice I'm after a long breaker bar, a 30mm socket and a suitable torque wrench to tighten it back up to 175mn.

I'm in Haberfield and happy to pick up/drop off same day or if anyone is keen to help I'd be very appreciative!

• 2 weeks later...

Torque wrenches are cheap (<$50 including postage) and worth getting just for your wheel nuts.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-Local-Adjustable-1-2-and-3-8-Dual-Drive-Micrometer-Torque-Ratchet-Wrench/262473142298

This looks exactly the same as a Kinchrome one I purchased a couple of years ago for over $100.

shhhhhh!! Don't let these guys know that...

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/28779-wheel-nut-torque-setting/?fromsearch=1

I a torque wrench i got from Aldi for $25 and it has served me well for the last 2yrs.

I even had a $300~ odd one that i used straight after mine and both were spot on.

Cheers

Sam.