2016 Renault Clio Rs 200 Cup

Rascal

Good afternoon,

I am from a motoring organisation that is holding a national car awards program next week at Anglesea (Victoria). I was wondering if any forum members (Melbourne) that may be interested in allowing us to use their vehicle for approximately 3 days 7th, 8th and 9th of December 2016.

Renault have only advised us today that they are unable to provide the above vehicle. If anybody is interested can they please PM to discuss compensation.

Would love to have this fantastic little beast in the program.  

Thanks

Sue-Ellen 

Hi Sue-Ellen,

It may be helpful to add a little more detail about what is entailed.  If it's motor testing by journalist, for example, I am not sure anyone will want their new Clio thrashed mercilessly for three days by a bunch of journos, if that is what is envisaged.

Good luck with your endeavours.  It's hard to imagine Renault being so short of stock of Clio 200's they cannot spare one for a good cause

• Like 1

Yes it is for motoring journalist but since the vehicles will be tested at a proving ground strict speed limits apply and our program does not tolerate the driving behaviour you have mention. Basically the roads utilised at the proving ground simulates normal driving conditions with a top speed of 100km/hr. No high speed track conditions apply.

Yes Renault does have numerous clio's but limited press cars. ATM we have an owners car in New South Wales that we are looking at shipping to Victoria. Just thought we would try for a vehicle more local.

Hertz have Megane-RS hire. That's probably the best option.

Then if anything gets damaged the compensation system is very unambiguous.

Plus, the Megane RS's are much faster and more fun.

Yes it is for motoring journalist but since the vehicles will be tested at a proving ground strict speed limits apply and our program does not tolerate the driving behaviour you have mention. Basically the roads utilised at the proving ground simulates normal driving conditions with a top speed of 100km/hr. No high speed track conditions apply.

Yes Renault does have numerous clio's but limited press cars. ATM we have an owners car in New South Wales that we are looking at shipping to Victoria. Just thought we would try for a vehicle more local.

OMG...if Renault will not supply you with a Clio I doubt that you will get one from an owner who has respect for his car.  With the greatest of respect I have seen 'journos' in action at various test tracks and many of them have no idea how to treat the vehicle and whilst they 'may' stick to the speed limit they certainly don't waste time getting there.

I am sorry but Renault would have plenty of Clio's available but obviously they are looking for an excuse not to supply one for the reasons outlined above.

• Like 1