Club Registration

Rick62

I have de-registered my 265 as not using it enough to justify my rego costs. Just wondering if I can do club rego and what are the rules of engagement with Qld Transport. My car only gets used a few times a year if that. So I was thinking of may be some sort of restricted use. I know I can get an unregistered vehicle permit for a day which costs approx. $30.00 a day so not quite sure if this is the way to go and just down load a permit when I do use it. :wink:

Have you done a google search? Pretty sure club rego is only applicable if your car is at least 30 years old...

Unregistered vehicle permit will include CTP insurance (at least in NSW) but doubt you'd be able to have comprehensive insurance on an unregistered vehicle.

In the insurance side of things I'm pretty sure Shannons and similar more enthusiast based companies offer things like low km usage and parked up policies/low km policies.

Cheers,

- Sent via TapaTalk

Edited by Treza360
  • Like 1

I thought the age of the vehicle might come into it. Will have to speak with Shannons about the insurance side of things for comprehensive insurance on an un-registered vehicle permit. I think you may be right. Otherwise just take the risk which would be extremely low if driving the car sensibly. Which now brings me to another thought a bought reducing my insurance cost. I wonder if I can get a discount on a vehicle which will be limited to driving only a few 100 klms a year if that.

Sorry Treza 360... just read your last post after i sent my last post :sicko:

I thought the age of the vehicle might come into it. Will have to speak with Shannons about the insurance side of things for comprehensive insurance on an un-registered vehicle permit. I think you may be right. Otherwise just take the risk which would be extremely low if driving the car sensibly. Which now brings me to another thought a bought reducing my insurance cost. I wonder if I can get a discount on a vehicle which will be limited to driving only a few 100 klms a year if that.

Sorry Treza 360... just read your last post after i sent my last post :sicko:

Shannons is the way to go, nearly all my cars are on "Extreme low usage" or "low usage" policies with Shannons, overall its a fraction of the costs of normal insurance and being with Shannons also gives you access to their CTP greenslips (NSW anyway) which are far cheaper than competitors. Note they only provide CTP for vehicles insured with Shannons. If you've got a CAMS licence there are additional discounts and multiple policy discounts, particularly once you get to 7 vehicles insured with them.

Give them a call, I thought for years they'd be too expensive, but on the contrary they are not, I just hope they are as good if I ever need to claim. They also do by the month billing at no extra charge!!

From memory there's stipulations on usage for a UVP? Ie. Only for transport from place of purchase-home or to mechanic and not after a certain time. Worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2