Randi265rs

Hey guys

Newbie here. Just bought a 2013 Megane Rs 265. back on black, 11xxx kms. Absolutely love it!!

The only downsides are spongy brakes and (maybe it's just me) but I get interior creaks when driving on uneven surface (i.e, steep driveway) - but that said, when I put my foot down all that goes away. What a car!!!

No plans for mods as it goes very well.... Unless anyone can recommend simple mods that make a difference - I.e I&in filter, etc... Any suggestions.

Also, anyone successfully achieved gear change bark with an exhaust update? Or standard?

I'll get some pics up soon

Cheers

• Like 1

Congrats! Which 265? (Cup, cup +, trophy etc)

I've done the cheapest and easiest mods: filter and centre resonator delete.

Result is awesome!! It's like it's been set free from a sound perspective; feels/sounds faster but probably isn't.

I get the interior creaks but no rattles so I'm happy ????

Subscribe to your local drive day thread and go for a drive with fellow RS nutters!

Hey guys

Newbie here. Just bought a 2013 Megane Rs 265. back on black, 11xxx kms. Absolutely love it!!

The only downsides are spongy brakes and (maybe it's just me) but I get interior creaks when driving on uneven surface (i.e, steep driveway) - but that said, when I put my foot down all that goes away. What a car!!!

No plans for mods as it goes very well.... Unless anyone can recommend simple mods that make a difference - I.e I&in filter, etc... Any suggestions.

Also, anyone successfully achieved gear change bark with an exhaust update? Or standard?

I'll get some pics up soon

Cheers

I got a 13 model earlier this year with about the same km. Interior creaks is a given from either the sides, the dash or from the glove box, take your pick... As chuckovski points out, the center delete is nearly a must for all 250/265 unless you're planning to do the whole system. On nomral mode it's complete civilized, when on sports mode it will pops and crakles on up & down shift which mostly make up for the frankly rubbish stereo.

Welcome to the forum. As Chuck said filter and res delete will see you through until you are ready for an ECU re flash to make it bonkers.

Brakes being spongy is a bid odd. I would suggest a fluid flush and maybe just a good hard drive to get them scrubbed up. If that fails, pad change should sort it.

What did you have before the Meg? Hopefully you will really enjoy the Meg and be hooked like the rest of us... :)