Florides To Clio Sports

63x1092

Hi, new member here though a long member of aussiefrogs and many will know me from my passion for Florides.

I have at home four Florides in different states of disrepair after I put my good one back in April now, side ways into a power pole.

Clio's, I now also have two Clio's, a black 03 172 and a just purchased blue 04 182.

A few months ago the 172 rolled out of my garage and smashed into the rock retaining wall, which has bent the sub frame and put the alignment out.

I've finally got my insurance money though decided against fixing it even though I'm still driving it and went and bought the 182 four days ago.

Well, my many years of good luck with cars has really taken a hammering in 2015 and my bad luck has continued with the 182. I went down to Knox last night to pick up my oldest and ended up having the thing towed to Alpine Affair after it wouldn't start on my third day of ownership.

I had a search for "for sale" on the site and can't find one, as I've listed the black 172 on aussiefrogs for sale as a non rego, non RWC car for $1500 or ono, so if anyone in Melb is after a bent and running RS, I've got one for you.

• Like 1

The battery for remote central locking has no bearing on the car starting, or not, in a phase 2 172 or 182. Likely to be a problem with the RFID immobiliser circuit on the circuit board, namely the inductor, which is likely cracked causing intermittent / no starting, or the circuit board itself I.e. Dry joint or cracked PCB track.

They don't like being dropped...

There was a lot of talk on this recently when others had the problem...

Copy cat. :mrgreen:

Am i the only one who has no idea what a "Floride" is?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a Renault Floride, mine are all 1960 models. They are a so called two door coupe, or convertible sports car with a rear engine and drive with only a 845cc 30 hp engine. They form part of the large group of Renault between the fifties to seventies that where rear engined.I've changed my engine to a R12 1397cc with side draught Weber and extractors though at the moment its not moving along at all.post-21053-0-38763400-1444171102_thumb.jpg

It's a Renault Floride, mine are all 1960 models. They are a so called two door coupe, or convertible sports car with a rear engine and drive with only a 845cc 30 hp engine. They form part of the large group of Renault between the fifties to seventies that where rear engined.I've changed my engine to a R12 1397cc with side draught Weber and extractors though at the moment its not moving along at all.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Renault's answer to the Karmann Ghia...?   

I saw several at the French Car Display recently.  I didn't realise what they were until then either.  Not sure if it's standard, but at least some of them looked to have the fuel filler inside the engine bay, right beside the engine..  :shock:   I am surprised any survive to this day on that basis alone...

Neat looking cars, especially for the time!

Renault's answer to the Karmann Ghia...?   

!

Yes, Renault was getting smashed by VW in the U.S, and this was their answer, but both the Floride and Dauphine were flops in comparison.