Cost of Renault Bits

1233Z

one of my xenon lights went out a last week. Its a late 01 build so not so bad. Got a pair off ebay for $60 delivered! Beats the $400+ I got quoted. So far so good. You can also choose what colour you want, all for the same price. Who knows how long it will last, but for the money, its worth a try I reckon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Quickly reading through this thread...

basically....if there is damage to your car..your fault or not...be assured that it will negate any cost savings from fuel, insurance etc etc.. :shock:

Glad my new steering wheel/passenger seat rails and hazard switch are coming under warranty..

Those little fog lights under the bumper,

they are sided, so you need to specify which one is broken.

Renaults OEM price $215 each

from a Valeo supplier in Melbourne, $175 each

Purchased $10 worth of 3M protective film and applied a layer to

each fog light. Should protect them from further smashes. :)

is it just the glass bit or do you have to buy the whole assembly??? I will be getting the supplier details off you in October when I get home :wink:

is it just the glass bit or do you have to buy the whole assembly??? I will be getting the supplier details off you in October when I get home :wink:

Its the whole assembly, including a new lamp as well, wooo hoo!

The company was called Eurocare or Europarts, or something like that.

I ordered it through my service people here in Perth who have my cars

VIN number on file.

You have to remove the front wheel, unscrew the liner on the inside

of the wheel arch (2 mins), then unclip the lead to the bulb (15 sec)

and unscrew the two screws holding the assembly in place (1 min).

I put the sticky film on the unit before I mounted it, thats much easier

than fitting it whilst in the car, as I had to do with the other unit.

The light assembly does have an adjuster screw so you can wind it up

and down. Note where your original one is set and set the replacement

to the same setting. Not critical but worthwhile.

cheers, :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

was quoted $220 from Grafico for the removal of old Cup edition racing stripes, and professional install of new *non-official* racing stripes. Apparently they are made from ORACAL vinyl...

was quoted $220 from Grafico for the removal of old Cup edition racing stripes, and professional install of new *non-official* racing stripes. Apparently they are made from ORACAL vinyl...

thats a good price, i think i paid Graffico around $250 just to put a set on my 172 :shock:

Hi Kevin,

What's gone wrong with the original stripes (and isn't your car under warranty so Renault should be replacing them for free?)

Hi Kevin,

What's gone wrong with the original stripes (and isn't your car under warranty so Renault should be replacing them for free?)

Warranty for stripes is only about 12 months I think :(

Havent really looked in to the warranty situation on the stripes yet.

Although my gut feeling says Dragyn will be right on this.

My stripes have just started to peel off on the boot - getting to the point now where they need to be changed over. Only due to normal wear and tear.

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said Kheven, My Mate Damian will fix you up. Grafico.com.au 0408 325 455. Tell him you're from OzRS and I put you on to him.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The wife's starter motor on a 2002 Clio Expression (1.4) was replaced at Euro Car Parts in Kenwick yesterday.

$195 for a 2nd hand exchange starter motor.

I asked them to fit it as well considering i can't fit my head in the engine bay. It took them 5 hours! - 5 hours to fit a starter motor?????

Total cost - $550

Renault quoted about $1070

BTW. Euro Car Parts sell 5L bottles of Elf Excellium - sorry but i didnt get the price.

• 2 weeks later...

This is quite interesting, as you may or may not be aware I am having to shorten my LHS drive shaft. After looking at the OEM diff I found that the drive shaft had been bottoming out due to the addition of camber. So I thought best buy a new inner CV spider coupler and while I'm at it I may as well replace the outer and inner CV boots and circlip. I was quote $499 for spider, $12 for circlip, $65 for outer and $70 fo inner CV boots. I ordered them then thought hang on I only spent $450 on a RHS drive shaft a year or so ago, so I phoned back and got a quote for a complete LHS drive shaft and it was $470. Worth thinking about if you are buying small parts of a complete unit. I now have a complete LHS drive shaft that I can mod too as a spare.

• 4 weeks later...

All parts from Renault North Shore Sydney

Renault Xenon Globe - $309

Horn - $305

Igniter unit (black box that sits behind the Xenon globe) - $610

Reverse light switch - $95

Moral of the story... Wait until paul v is back from holidays.

Unfortunately i had to pass rego

• 2 weeks later...
x2 - 225 Sport Frt Disc Drill (7701208843) - $605.18 from Rick D's (trade price 8))

Also,

Front Splitter (8200473512) ~$450

Fuel Lid (8200073760) ~$40

I can't believe the front splitter costs 75% of the cost of the drilled front rotors.... :(

x2 - 225 Sport Frt Disc Drill (7701208843) - $605.18 from Rick D's (trade price 8))

Also,

I can't believe the front splitter costs 75% of the cost of the drilled front rotors.... :(

Come on now, it's a high performance piece of plastic...

Also,

Come on now, it's a high performance piece of plastic...

Isn't it rubber?? :P

It's $450 man!! That's like 18 posters.. delivered! Grr! Maybe I'll have to save up for it :roll:

Some bastard gave my Meggy's bum a love bump today - not happy about that.. Broke the skin!!

Okay, back on topic now!

• 1 month later...
If anyone has to replace their cat convertor on a 182 its about $2600! Makes the obisoud look cheap!

Well I can confirm that the dealer's internal warranty price for the 182 cat convertor is $2783.10 (plus GST I'd reckon, but either way it's freaking expensive) for the part alone.

Mine's getting replaced by Mentone tomorrow under warranty - with 6 days to go before it expires :hyper:

Now, we only have to save up for the 60K service (with cambelts and accessories belts to be done), all 4 rotors & pads and a set of 4 new tyres... when are those Lotto numbers gonna come up?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Not necessarily Renault dealership prices here, but following a stray rock from either a stray overpass or other vehicle my windscreen needed a replacement. Got onto O'brian Auto glass who were seriously quick and helpful.

If a stonechip is bout a dollar sized chip/crack it will set u back bout $120 using their chip repair resin stuff and labour.

The actual relevant part of this post is that is is $512 for parts and labour to replace the windscreen- for 182 cup edition w/ light/rain sensors etc.. Or free if u choose the windscreen option in your insurance lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys....

URGENT!!!

My 172 is currently with Renault and I've just had a call about part and fluid prices and am blown away!

Brake Fluid $90

Coolant $110

engine mount (LH Front part number 7700795688) $301

Water Pump $207

Holy crap!

What's with the fluid costs? I nearly fell over!

I need to buy my own (brake fluid and coolant) ASAP like within 2 hours and need to know what to take to them, Help needed urgently.

Cheers

Homer

EDIT: Crap it....driving around to a few stores now....why can't I find jamies phone number arg!!

EDIT2: Crap Wolf has his phone off too :(