When buying a new car

Cedric8o8

From years of experience in selling cars, I have the following advice to all buyers.

Order your car and confirm that the car is shipped to the city you live in and not road transported from interstate.

Road transported cars can suffer damage not just stone chips but loose plastic wrapping flapping against the paint work at 100+ klms per hour for a thousand or so klms and serious damage to the paint work!

Do not sign the authority to register the car at point of purchase and only sign it once the car is inspected after a clean and detail and only outdoors in natural light.

Once this is done then sign the authority and fill in the VIN on the form and wait for the car to be registered and drive off.

Yes only sign the form when you are there to pick up the car, you may have to wait for an extra hour but its worth it as the dealer does not get the opportunity to damage your new car and repair or touch up before handover!

Once a car is registered in your name any damage or repairs can only be carried out under warranty as you own the car.

So do not own the car until you are 110% satisfied!!!

Sound advice. thanks.

I had ordered a Golf R (first test drive of RS250 left me very underwhelmed - but that's more to the test route and salesman than the car itself) which was transported up to Sydney from Melbourne. My father, when I told him, recommended I insist on inspecting the vehicle once it arrived on the truck and lo and behold stone chips all over the bonnet so I cancelled the order despite the dealer's word they would fix it "like new."

Sound advice. thanks.

I had ordered a Golf R (first test drive of RS250 left me very underwhelmed - but that's more to the test route and salesman than the car itself) which was transported up to Sydney from Melbourne. My father, when I told him, recommended I insist on inspecting the vehicle once it arrived on the truck and lo and behold stone chips all over the bonnet so I cancelled the order despite the dealer's word they would fix it "like new."

Why am I not surprised? so did you buy a golf R?