RCS Cards/Stickers: FINAL PROMO DECISON

MY4

Hello fellow RCS people,

I have taken the liberty to step forward in making the cards/stickers event HAPPEN. :) Anyone who wishes to tell me to shut up, please feel free to smack me down now. :D

But seriously, I have made a post/email on the yahoo group with the same content as this thread. The idea is to get everyone to agree on a final design layout for the cards or stickers that we really should have handy to give to new recruits who are unaware of the online feeding frenzies that are about us! :)

So if you may, please help in the process of design/decision making we'll be on the road to RCS kingdom, sooner than you can say, "VICKI, MY EXHAUST JUST FELL OFF!" :P

Anywayz,

Regarding the two sites, i.e. this forum (ozrenaultsport.com) and Yahoo and how we promote the greatness of BOTH of these mediums, I think we do the following.

We could have two lines on the sticker/card which outline the two forms of groups:

- Line 1 - Email group: www.ozrenaultsport.tk

- Line 2 - Forum group: www.ozrenaultsport.com

This way people would probably sign up for both options, or whichever suits their tastes/needs and desires?

I'd personally recommend that we go with cards, this way it's cheaper to start with, and cheaper if we need to run off extra batches in the future.

I have also had a look at all the designs in the card file located on the photo section of the yahoo site

Click here: http://tinyurl.com/6p9bp

My pick of the bunch would have to be the final design, named "cliocard.jpg"

Click here: http://tinyurl.com/4byee

Cards/stickers will be designed within TWO WEEKS TIME starting TODAY.

So that means by WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6we will have all designs set/uploaded, etc

The final decision will be based upon the majority of people's suggestions.

Please answer the following simple questions - and if you could please cut n copy the questions with your responses posted at the end of the question, it will help in the process also.

(1) Cards, Stickers or both?

(2) Choose a design style from photo section in the yahoo site - http://tinyurl.com/6p9bp

(3) Are you willing to donate $5 or $10 to get these made?

(4) Do you agree to have two lines on the card: 1 line for Yahoo link, another line for OzRenaultSport.com?

(5) If not, make your suggestion here

(6) Any further comments?

Thank you!

G'day Mick, yep for sure.

I don't mind volunteering to help with the handling of cash for this.

But I won't need to accept any money JUST yet, because i'll have to wait until we get a quotation on the job. Then I'll spread the word and we can all split it some how.

So what i suggest is, once we are ready - that anyone wishing to send money for this can do it a couple of ways.

A) Send a cheque or mail order addressed to "David Power".

or

B) Do a direct deposit, or a netbank/internet bank transfer. In which case I can privately email my account details for those of you who wish to use this option.

Thanks again Mick, what are your thoughts as to the above 'bolded' questions? Any thoughts? Or are you cool with any form of promotional material?

Both

(2) Choose a design style from photo section in the yahoo site - http://tinyurl.com/6p9bp

Prefer something with photo of car on it. (maybe dish's flag style)

Yes

(4) Do you agree to have two lines on the card: 1 line for Yahoo link, another line for OzRenaultSport.com?

Prefer one site but if two will be fine.

Hrmm, without causing too much fuss, proper mailing list software (not yahoo) & forum

No

I think we should avoid the word Clio or cup given that we want to appeal to ALL Renault Sport owners.

The ppl who designed these are gonna hate me but every design I've seen so far is very very ugly. No offence meant and maybe my taste is different to everyone else. They just aren’t cohesive and some of the fonts used are horrible. Don’t bother telling me to do something better coz I probably couldn’t. My opinion was asked for tho so there it is :wink:

Hey! No dramas Paranoid, sorry i've forgotten your name... :(

:wink: It's all good champ. You're spot on, that's why this is an 'open forum'...In fact you raise a very valuable point...

I think we should avoid the word Clio or cup given that we want to appeal to ALL Renault Sport owners.

I completely overlooked this myself... so yes, we'll possibly have to get back to the design/drawing board! :)

As for colours and fonts etc, I think - get the layout correct and we can be fancy with our fonts and colours AFTER the layout is sorted. :) What do ya think?

Further to this I should point out, maybe as far as our designs go. We should try to mainly incorporate the following features:

(1) RenaultSport - text or badging

(2) Renault Diamond symbol

and, MAYBE even attempt to have a picture of the FRONT of both the Clio and Megane. Because at least these will both be around for some time, right? Even if it is only just 2 years or less?

Then, if we get updated models (i.e. completely different shapes) we can always upgrade the design

Ok I know everyone is eager to have something printied ASAP and it should have been done ages ago but how bout we put out a final call for designed with a 2 week deadline? I'll be happy to put in money for something nice as I'm sure everyone will be. I might even have a go at producing something myself so you can all say "You criticised our designs you big piece of sh*t ... etc"

How bout it ?

Josh

OK, Done. :) I've edited my original post (see bold) for new deadlines for design. LET'S GET THIS BALL ROLLING!

:) Thanks for the input Paranoid

I've got an image of an RCS, Megane RS and an RCS V6 all in profile over lapping one another... thats where those dodgy multi coloured images came from... but this is an actual photo so full detail etc.

I also reckon the writing should all be in the CLIO or renaultsport format... don't know what it's called? otherwise simple and white space is your friend...

Maybe the pic on top... then a single line with copy such as

"Social Runs / Trackdays / Tech Help / Community"

then the two lines with

Forum - www.ozrenaultsport.com

Yahoo - www.ozrenaultsport.tk

Also instead of everyone randomly donating cash, make a run of a thousand or whatever and everyone buys a specifc amount of cards... eg 50 and pay exactly for that 50... electronic transfer is the easiest way to do it as well...

I'll get that image up on the tiny url link today...

Great ideas guys, totally on board, just one little question though, is Renualt happy for you guys to be using their logo/image/branding etc. They no doubt benefit from the community as it offers free support to people that buy their product.

I am a very new member and I have probably missed all of the early posts on this. If you guys have already covered this then somebody please just slap me back down like the worthless dog that I am!!!

Also instead of everyone randomly donating cash, make a run of a thousand or whatever and everyone buys a specifc amount of cards... eg 50 and pay exactly for that 50... electronic transfer is the easiest way to do it as well...

G'day Rusty, great ideas mate. :wink:

I'm keen on your design ideas and look forward to seeing the link.

Great ideas guys, totally on board, just one little question though, is Renualt happy for you guys to be using their logo/image/branding etc. They no doubt benefit from the community as it offers free support to people that buy their product.

Hey 2ndeffort, I'm sure Renault wouldn't have any negative views on a few of their customers forming a group and enjoying their cars. Like you say; it's promoting them anyway.

I'm 110% positive that everything will be fine mate.

:wink:

I am a very new member and I have probably missed all of the early posts on this. If you guys have already covered this then somebody please just slap me back down like the worthless dog that I am!!!

I think he's referring to the copyright issues associated with using the Renault corporate branding i.e. the diamond and Renault Sport logo etc. It IS actually illegal to use without permission from the copyright owner. But I can’t see it ever coming up and even if it did we aren’t an entity that can be prosecuted in any way. Well hang on actually whoever owns the domain (Paul?) could get in trouble if we use their logo's on the website. But... it isn’t gonna happen and its done all the time :)

Josh

So it was a good point 2ndeffort [if that IS your real name :wink: ] but can I slap you anyway ? :wink:

I think he's referring to the copyright issues associated with using the Renault corporate branding i.e. the diamond and Renault Sport logo etc. It IS actually illegal to use without permission from the copyright owner. But I can’t see it ever coming up and even if it did we aren’t an entity that can be prosecuted in any way. Well hang on actually whoever owns the domain (Paul?) could get in trouble if we use their logo's on the website. But... it isn’t gonna happen and its done all the time :)

Josh

So it was a good point 2ndeffort [if that IS your real name :wink: ] but can I slap you anyway ? :wink:

It's all good guys. There is no copyright associated with the Renault badge - it is a trademark.

Using the trademark may "technically" be illegal (as 'passing off' the forum as being associated with 'Renault'), although it's not like anyone is actually deriving any income from the forums - so there wouldn't really be any case.

As others have said, looking at it from a common sense perspective, it is in Renault's best interests that forums and clubs like this operate anyway - it increases the awareness of their brand and products.

I wont tell anybody at Renault about the trademark if you guys dont :wink:

As for the slapping, do I have to put a squash ball in my mouth and bray like a donkey????? :shock::shock:

As for the moniker, my name is Al but I started using 2ndeffort on another forum and I'm too lazy to dream up any new handles.

I went to a farewell lunch at work today for a bloke leaving the office and found out that another guy that I work with owns a 172. His wife owns a Pug GTI180. He reckons she is always stealing the keys to his RSC. He was giving me sh*t about my old Porsche and I told him that I had bought a 182. Suddenly he became my best mate!! I'll give him the URL and tell him about the forum.

I've made some changes to the sticker, sticker concept its labeled. But it is missing a car, megane. I can't find any "artistic" images of the car... i did find a cut away blueprint diagram... but... hmm

Russ, can you post your picture here? maybe i could give it a try and won't turn it into one of those multi coloured ones... well... try to anyways.

Thanks

Karlos

I'm assuming the RenaultSportcard.jpg image is your ?

A million times more professional. Me likes :)

Only thing I would add is to take http:// from the web address'. No need to put it in really and it just takes up a little more space and looks yuk. Also maybe remove the word 'Your' from 'Your contact'

Apart from that I like that just the way it is Layout, colour's etc all perfect

Yeah this one is definitely the front runner in my books. Very neat, subtle and professional looking. Remove 'http://' and 'Your', like i said above and its perfect. Who did it ? Hey maybe I did it :wink: Yeah thats it IIIIIII did it :D As for printing maybe the owner could supply everyone with the high res version and ppl can print their own cards if they have access to a high quality printer. I'm sure ppl could have it done at a print shop for quite cheap. That may be a lot easier than collecting money and having them printed at the one place. Is that a standard business card size ?

RenaultSportcard.jpg

Guys, I like that official looking one... however, I'm now a little concerned that it looks a little too official!!. Who really is responsible for it?

I'd be inclined to put in a clear disclaimer stating "ozrenaultsport.com and Oz_Clio_Sport, and their respective owners & members are not affiliated/endorsed by Renault or Yahoo". Perhaps another line stating that the use of the logos are not authorised either may cover our collective asses.

One suggestion though: what does it look like with the cars back to back instead of nose to nose?

Cheers, Dish.

PS. Mick, thanks for the vote, but even I like Karlos' effort :shock:

Made a second sticker concept, essentially teh same one but with both the clio and megane. The cars are made out of actual photos, the clio being my own clio. Anyway, its pretty crude because I have no idea how to cut out images with photoshop, but eh. I think that's it, not going to do any more alterations unless there's a need or something... i think i got too much free time on my hands!

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_45008 ... BBpeeJXaKJ

Hey all,

I've posted up a 2nd design proposal, the links being...

http://tinyurl.com/42sax for the front side, and...

http://tinyurl.com/72bxo for the reverse.

Now, to finally answer Daves 6 qu's...

Cards only, IMO. Stickers could be a little too ricey for my liking :P I have an extreme dislike for stickers, and in anycase, I'd rather talk to someone interested in the cars than they see a sticker and look us up. Don't wanna find road rage stalker types hunting me down in here :shock:

(2) Choose a design style from photo section in the yahoo site

Yeah, my 2nd design! :D Will be doing at least one more concept, so watch this space...

(3) $Are you willing to donate 5 or $10 to get these made?

Yes, have already notified Andrew "The Treasurer" Ringland

Yes... and no... Perhaps 3 variations. One for the diehard Yahoo'ists, another for .com peeps, and a 2nd for those that favour both. Easily done.

oh, see answer to Q4!

Vote 1 - Dish! :P

I still wanna know who did the design I like ? It's looking more and more like I'll have to take credit for it :wink:

Perhaps it was a Renault insider, wanting to slowly creep in and overthrow the ruling party! Is that a coup I smell....

:shock:

Guys, how big is this sticker going to be? Maybe my question has already been answered elsewhere, in which case, please excuse my ignorance. My two cents worth is "simple is best" approach - www.ozrenaultsport.com and not much more. I know that everyone's different but I certainly wouldn't put a massive sticker on my car. The size choice really limits what you can put on it. Being an expert in sticker artwork (not!), unfortunately I reckon that you'd need to put together something decent sized to put a car on it. I like the design of the Aussiefrogs stickers, although only criticism would be maybe too much detail for the size of the sticker. I'm MASSIVELY supportive of the sticker concept - let's get it out and start promoting!

I'm not too keen on stickers right now mostly because for me to go sticking one on my car I have to really like the design. So far havnt seen anything I really like. The business cards are a great idea at this stage and a hell of a lot cheaper. If we get a new design or need to update them it wont be a problem. Stickers on the other hand are different. I think what we should have tho is something simple like moosey just suggested. ozrenaultsport.com No pics or anything fancy. Then we can use the same design for the website. Something like what cliosport.net have would be great.

i think cards are good... but a very basic sticker would also be good. atleast that way when you spot a RS you can identify if they already a member.

it would be great to get these done soon, so maybe some renault dealers could give cards etc to new RS owners.

the sticker can be what ever size you want, the one i designed is designed with illustrator so they can be streched or shrunk to what ever size you need them to be while keeping graphics okay. But i think something along the lines of 25cm long is as big as i want.

and I personally want a sticker also is exactly that, so we can recongnise member's cars easily on the road.

RS+CLUB.jpg

I also made some changes to the much loved official looking card as well, and i apologise in advance for touching the art work as it is NOT my design. I have simply put in some of teh suggestions people have tossed up about it. See if the new changes are welcome. if we did endup voting the official card with the changes, I hope the mystery designer would come forwad and complete those, other wise we will vote for a second card or something.

G'day All!

I've posted up a 2nd design proposal, the links being...

Yes... and no... Perhaps 3 variations. One for the diehard Yahoo'ists, another for .com peeps, and a 2nd for those that favour both. Easily done.

Vote 1 - Dish! :P

Hi Dish, you crazy mofo you! :)

I agree with many points that everyone have raised.

But, overall your suggestions sound the best to me. I too, do not realllly like putting stickers on my car, all that much. I'd prefer to hand out the card to those I see.

Dish, your design ROCKS, big time....! Very very smart, nice colours and easy to follow. I have made my vote in the database of Yahoo for you my friend.

As far as "voting" goes people, I'll start a POLL after Wednesday (which was the original deadline date) where we can all post our opinions/votes.

In regards to printing these cards out, I think the overall cost would be much less if we get one company to print out a few hundred...the suggestion of printing them ourselves, isn't all that bad. BUT I could just see the cards becoming rather tacky looking if we leave it to each person to print them alone. I think, we should look at nominating ONE person per state to get a batch of 100 or 200 cards printed up. Then mailing to their state members.

What do you all think?

i think one company is best. check out www.clickbusinesscards.com.au

i use them to print my own cards, very nice and cheap. But the artwork has to be in illustrator or PDF format. I can show the guys in sydney their samples, or my own card so you get teh idea of their quality etc.

Hey Guys...

Sorry I have been away with work since last tuesday... WOW!!

Lots of great stuff happening.. okie, heres my 2c...

BOTH

(2) Choose a design style from photo section in the yahoo site -

I HAVE TO SAY I REALLY LIKE DISH #2, AND THE RENAULTSPORT STICKER AND CARD (POSTED ON THE 26th) THEY ARE THE DOGS.

YOU BETCHA

NUP.. JUST THE ozrenaultsport.com ADDRESS (I AM BIASED) :D ANYWAYS, PEEPS WOULD EVENTUALLY FIND OUT ABOUT THE YAHOO SITE IF THEY WANT ITS FEATURES.. JUST DONT THINK WE SHOULD CONFUSE FIRST TIMERS.. (AND GET MORE HITS HERE!)

THIS IS EXCITING!

YEP. I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE SOME SORT OF DISCLAIMER.. AND LETS NOT USE THE WORD 'CLUB', BECAUSE WE ARENT (YET)

Sorry bout the caps.. would let me use bold..

Paul :wink:

Hey Paul,

Wow, that is a long time to be at work! Did they lock you in the store room again? ...never mind. :)

Thanks for your responses matey. I'm in agreement with both your card & sticker choice.

However, I think you should keep in mind with the URL text that people from both yahoo & ozrenaultsport are interested in getting these stickers and that it's not only being discussed here.

I'm only trying to be the mediator and keep both sites happy. I'd suggest that we just leave both URL's on, because seriously - how can someone get confused anyway? They log on to their internet connection, and type in whichever website they choose (which, for the record would probably be the .com one anyways, because ppl are familiar with typing that term) and bob's your uncle - they've made it. It can't be any more simple. :)

It's unfair to just disregard the email/site - especially considering the sticker choice is from someone who resides frequently on the yahoo group.

Finally, if we keep the text for the sites as:

Forum: www.ozrenaultsport.com

Email: www.ozrenaultsport.tk

Then it does specify that both links have their purposes. Don't ya think?

OK, my 2c... I think it's kind of misleading to say that the Yahoo site is an email group. IMO it's a fully fledged (albeit inherently flawed) forum too, just that most of the current members prefer to use the email facility, which this site too will have one day (am I right on that fact Paul?). That's why I didn't actually state the words "email" & "forum" on the card's face. Just something I think that really should be considered best left out of it entirely.

And it's just more clutter! A newbie will log onto either or both, and find out for themselves soon enough.

Cheers, Dish.

PS> can someone point me towards a Renault PDF with the new SPORT script? I already have the new Renault font, but have only managed to find a small low-res GIF on the UK Renaultsport site.

Could i just say awesome passion from everyone on this! good to see everyone firing up and getting stuck in.

Those latest card designs are all looking the dogs as well!

I also agree with not designating what each site is for, let them use their feet!

Super pumped for this!!!

i think that we should just have this site on it. i think by the time our cards run out this site will be the prominent one with gallary's, archives and forum. i feel that the yahoo group will just dwindle away by the time the cards have started to be distributed.

what if...

when a new member signs up to this site, they can then be emailed/notified/pm'd automatically that there is a yahoo group aswell to browse through information.

Oooh looks and sounds like this whole sticker/card thang is gonna get done :P I'm excited to say the least. Here's my 2c...

I like the idea of a card for sure, a sticker MAYBE, but I'd have to like it to really wanna put it on my car. I too, think stickers look a little 'rice', but if I were to put a sticker on my car it would have to be subtle & simple, ie one colour.

The simple blue/white card with the Megane/Clio on it looks good. I like it cause it looks professional & gets the point across.

Yeh why not? :)

I'd prefer just this site's url, but if the Yahoo group was on there too it wouldn't bother me that much (I can always cross it out right? :wink: )

Check above.

I think an outline drawing (which was up on here in another post a while back) of the megane and clio would look good in just a plain white for a sticker too (it couldn't be too big tho otherwise it'd just sh*t me I think)

Hope the above helps :D

Yeah of course I am biased on this topic because its a site i have a lot to do with (not that you would know it) and would like to see the traffic come here..

I am meeting with Brendan this thursday in melbourne, and hopefully can get him enthused about helping us out again with increasing the capability of this site..

I would get someone else to do it (i think we had some offers on this site) but he is hosting it too.. Is that easy to pay for hosting (or could a renault owner host it) so we can control the whole thing??

Sorry, getting off the topic here, but relevant nonetheless.

But in general, the Dishan #2 and the yellow/grey car and sticker look fab..

I am keep to have a sticker on my car (not that i am a fan of stickers) but then I can see when other clios are in the group..

Theres a silver Mk 1 and silver Mk2 only about 300m from where I live..

I am so itchy to put something under their wiper about this site!!

Paul

i have kinda scattered my answrs all throughout his post so i will unify them here

(1) Cards, Stickers or both? \

Both

The Blue one, and the yellow grey cards all look shot hot

i only have $4.95..... will that do???

One Line, just this site.

i have expressed my view earlier in this thread

Very excited about getting this done. :)

guys,

i think there is about no chance at all that the yahoo site will be left off the cards. both is a gerat compromise and money saver. there is no need for the competition

Hello All,

Thank you to those who have voiced their opinions.

I'm starting to regret one thing though, when constructing the questions I should have reconsidered the whole two lines for two websites question.

In my opinion, this REALLY isn't an option anymore. It's unfair to anyone who uses (and enjoys) the yahoo option to even consider not having them included. I have absolutely nothing against this site and in fact - I quite enjoy using it.

This site will grow, come on, we all know that. Why does that warrant that we close down another means of communication??? The answer: It doesn't.

Not everyone else is able to view the forum or any internet websites from their workplace, plus there's a string of other reasons why these people use yahoo. So how about we leave the Yahoo/OzRS.com debate out of this thread?

Let's continue with the useful opinions on layout/colours/designs etc. Thank you to everyone involved in both designing and anyone offering their opinions! Keep the peace & stay cool.

Have a great week, hopefully within the next few days i'll be able to unleash the poll for us all to vote on which card and/or sticker design option we go with. :wink:

I think both URLs should be listed... this site is essentially useless to me until the email distributions get done. Even then, the whole idea is to inform people, not to 'get hits', surely? If al you want is hits, then open a porn or casino section. There's good info on both, so lets include both. Besides, if even a single person from either site (here or yahoo) is putting in money, then that site should be included. People from both are putting in money, so both sites should be listed.

I do think, though, that if I'd had that card put under my wiper, then I'd think that you can subscribe to the email group and get all the messages from this site delivered by email. It reads like it's the same group, either as a web forum or an email group... which it isnt (at the moment).

How about this for an idea: Take a blue design, have only this site listed as the URL and put that on one side of the card. Take a yellow design and put the yahoo group on that and put it on the OTHER side of the card. That way, it's like two cards in one, but advertises both forums equally. We also get to use two nice designs then (:

Double sided cards are a little more expensive, but ...

1000 cards would be a mere $80.00, they are 300GSM matte coated double sided full colour in your face potato case!

(Trade prices people, you wont get this anywhere else)

Sounds like a good deal to me...

Scott.

G'day Scott,

Nice idea. What does everyone else think?

We've got two designs we could go with also. i.e. the Renaultsport card with the megane/clio on it with the blue margins, etc. Then we've got the Yellow cards that both Dish & Grant have created.

Only thing is; the stickers....obviously can't do double sided here.

What if - we just describe the links with a little more detail?

i.e:

Join Australia's Two diverse Renaultsport Communities

Web based forum: www.ozrenaultsport.com

Yahoo/Email Group: www.ozrenaultsport.tk

Thoughts? Suggestions of alternative wording anyone?

I'm also excited about the online casino and porn section. Lets get this started ASAP :wink:

is that so we can increase hits.... cause last time i checked the advertising on this site was demanding more hits.... :lol:

yeah double sided... whatever. i just want somehting in my mits, frustrating watching all these clio's go around without any knowledge of here

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder (incase you were not aware already).

I have opened a NEW thread for you to offer suggestions as to how you want the design of stickers and cards to be handled.

Please make any future posts (strictly relevant to the design topic) on the following thread...see link below

http://ozrenaultsport.com/viewtopic.php?t=161