New LY R26 owner

toshin

So i went from this:

dsc0870small.jpg

dsc1019small.jpg

to this

20101023135717.jpg

Not a great pic but more to come later.

So far have replaced the front speakers with some focals (deck/amp/slim sub to come soon) and plan to order a skoda front lip(took me ages to figure out what 'splitter' was).

Also will be doing the aux/cam belt and pulleys next week.

The car is sure fun to drive around bends...and its not scary in the wet, either!

Dansa yeah i do miss the s15 torque from 3~5k.

Actually looking at your sig...that was my original idea for buying a clio (a car with almost everythign included in stock form)

oh well, just ordered the skoda splitter. $39!

oh well, just ordered the skoda splitter. $39!

Welcome to our lil community :D

Congrats on the purchase - I'm sure you'll love it. Probably a very different feel to the modded S15, but I'm sure you'll appreciate it for many other reasons.

So, where'd you order the Skoda splitter from??

Rick Damelian Å koda

Phone: (02) 9560 1000

Only one more piece left in sydney (after mine). apparently someone ordered one yesterday too. Somehow...i don't think its for a skoda.

Yeah the car is definitely different.

Babying it at the moment though till i get the service done. 85,xxx on the clock and the belt hasnt been done. It's a late 04 model too.

Only one more piece left in sydney (after mine). apparently someone ordered one yesterday too. Somehow...i don't think its for a skoda.

I picked up the last one from Sydney today. Well I didn't pick it up, it's ordered and it'll get to the Gong on Friday morning... :popcorn:

Hi Toshin,

First off, thanks for the tip on the Skoda splitter. You've made friends alrerady.

2nd... i so loved the S15, but IMO, it should have had the CWest widebody kit as standard. THAT was a fantastic bit of kit. Like you white one as (as above) it was not over the top, and no rear spoiler (well done).

3rd... the 182 cup still beats all for me, it just makes my eyes dance knowing what it's all about.

So cheers, welcome and enjoy.

WOLF

PM sent.

Welcome! As someone else mentioned, I think you'll enjoy buzzing around un-noticed in the silver bullet 8)

You should try and get along to the drive day we're having at the end of November!

• 5 months later...

Not sure if this needs to be in the my rides thread...but a few new pics.

Just 5 mins after this shot i parked at maccas next to a commowhore, and a few hours later noticed a tiny ding on my door which looks distinctly like a door hitting it. Unnoticable to the naked eye but so annoying because i know the angle to make it appear.

20110428094656.jpg

On the way to wakefield!

img89301.jpg

20110422132523.jpg

My tints are 20%

Coming from nissans/hondas with many 'illegal' mods, I can say you'll most likely -never- get busted with anything over 5%.

They generally overlook it, unless you get caught for being too low/intercooler etc.

Yeah, Volk/rays ce28n 4.3kg each.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

WP_20130617_003.jpg

Just picked up my new ride!

Been a tough week for me at work with redundancies and other personal issues. Was pondering a loan for a 250 but in hindsight i'm lucky I didn't!

This was like a huge shining...yellow light at the end of the tunnel.

Shame I barely got it past 3k rpm due to the peak time hume hwy traffic haha.

Anyway, pretty obvious who the previous owner is: it has a sunroof.

Firstly, a huge thanks to Esoteric, who provided me with whatever pics and information I requested without delay.

Hope to see him in a 250 in the near future (which i'll happily also buy unsighted :wink: ).

I bought it sight unseen and I must say everything is as described. The entire process/transaction went smoothly and without issue, albeit random confusion due to phone/email correspondence only.

If i'm honest, i'd never have done this with any of my previous cars. It's the OZRS community, and the integrity of most owners which make things like this possible imo.

Example: in my search, I came across the infamous FIR-26T (will resurrect that thread with new details). The owner immediately told me it was a writeoff without me asking. In my JDM days i'd get "bro it was just in a small front end ding" when the car was actually written off twice. True story.

Anyway, other than the timing belt which may need to be done asap, it is a real pleasure to drive :D

Will definitely try make the next meet, but in the meanwhile...cya on the roads!

Congrats mate and great choice on the R26!!

But your pics aren't working :(

WP_20130618_007.jpg

Rego'd and sans roof racks.

Hope the pics show now? I think they needed to be in my public skydrive folder.

Anyway Walkie, refer back to when you said i'll enjoy buzzing by 'un-noticed' in the Clio. Well that definitely doesn't apply now haha!

WP_20130618_007.jpg

Anyway Walkie, refer back to when you said i'll enjoy buzzing by 'un-noticed' in the Clio. Well that definitely doesn't apply now haha!

Definitely keep that baby away from douches in DunnieDores at Maccs.

Oh and Welcome. :D:hyper:

WP_20130618_007.jpg

Definitely keep that baby away from douches in DunnieDores at Maccs.

Oh and Welcome. :D:hyper:

Ashfield mall? ... One of these days you will see me scratching my head out side this R26 wondering why my car isn't opening :D

• 3 weeks later...

Front pads change, courtesy of my friend... and a bunch of stuff for the other Meg.

Haven't even properly washed the car yet :oops:

Still looks amazing!

WP_20130706_004.jpg

WP_20130706_016.jpg

WP_20130706_014.jpg?

Any chance I can get this moved to the rides forum?

sweet ride .

chicks like LY .

Definitely.

Yellow is a great girls colour...

:)

sweet ride .

chicks like LY .

Definitely.

Yellow is a great colour for picking up girls ... 8)8)8)8)8)

corrected

• 4 weeks later...

WP_20130802_002.jpg

WP_20130803_022.jpg

Pretty happy with the sound now! Too much bass in fact! Gotta play with the settings more. I was planning to change the fronts, but then saw that the oem speakers are actually Blaupunkd...probably explains why people don't hear any real difference with the Panasonics..

This sub does not need a direct battery connection, has an active amp and is ~$200 shipped. Single plug when you want to remove it, too.

Heres a sound clip which sortof works if you have a Sub.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

So this my Clio 4 cup as she is now.

Still have warranty untill early 2020 so waiting till that's over before I really mod.

Although they've been incompetent when it came to fixing the one thing i asked for (drivers window air noise)

So far just

Cabin fake induction block

Stedi led headlights

IMG_20181201_195939.jpg

IMG_20181201_195758.jpg

IMG_20181201_195851.jpg

Edited by toshin
  • Like 1