Forum Tricks......

R26DAVE

Hey....anyone got any cool forum tricks they might like to share.

I'll give an example.

I'd like to know if anyone can tell me an easy way of linking direct to a post in a thread so that it appears at the top of the page (screen of the viewer who clicks the link). I have seen other people do this, and I have figured out a kind of long winded way of doing it myself, but I am sure there must be an easier way.

Example (For no reason in particular other than its in the middle of a thread)

This link should take you to Brendan's first post on this forum.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2507&p=40036#p40036

Other cool forum tricks would be appreciated if anyone has any.... :)

At the top of the post, where it says Re: Forum Tricks..... right click -> copy link and voila, you've got a direct link to that particular post...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18246#p239021

Also, if you want to reply to someone in particular, click on their user name on the right hand side and it'll automatically get placed (in bold!) in the quick reply box.

Also, if you want to reply to someone in particular, click on their user name on the right hand side and it'll automatically get placed (in bold!) in the quick reply box.

That's very new - must be an inclusion in the phpbb update that bremund recently did as it used to link incorrectly somewhere else.

And Dave, sorry about that - couldn't help myself LOL

At the top of the post, where it says Re: Forum Tricks..... right click -> copy link and voila, you've got a direct link to that particular post...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18246#p239021

Legend Dude..... :hail:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18246#p239029