2 websites is no good

Paranoid Android

We need this site to have the facility to forward all posts to an email address. As far as I can tell thats whats keeping ppl on the yahoo forum. The idea of having 2 forums is bloody stupid. We need one domain and a decent logo.

Why u would want every post sent to your email I have no idea but if ppl want it we need to find a way to provide it.

Yeah I agree with you there, although admittedly I've signed up with Yahoo! but never actually bothered to log onto RSC site there... It would be good if this forum could be made into more of a site where it features information, how-to's, readers rides, archive of RSC's... Too much to ask?? :o

yeah i think some kind of collaberation (sp?) would be good... i too have no idea why you would want emails trickling into your inbox all day and filling it up. but hey, if thats what some people really require then so be it.

we all understand the diversity of this forum, its potential and ability to grow as renault does in australia, not to mention its superior usability.

i think one logo, one site, would be good... we are all here talking cause we like clio's, renaults and soon to be meganes, not to squable over an internet site.

i am registered there, have never bothered to post, i check the site about once every 2-3weeks, as opossed to (3 times a day on this forum).

You still can get an email from this site when a thread you have been 'watching' is replied to... all you have to do is click through the link straight to the reply... i guess one click is just too much for some...

If we build it they will come...

Add in a gallery, some sexy RCS background skins, a nice logo and some half decent promo material, ie business cards and stickers and keep posting like demons and this site would be the dogs...

If you look at the yahoo site there are problably only a dozen active users out of the 220 registered... the rest are just watching and don't know any better... but it does have a gallery and database function which is useful for organising drive days and such and publicising the results...

All valid points guys...

I started this site about 6 months ago.. The intention was always to develop it into the full functioning site we want it to be.. and include all the features of Yahoo..

Without banners, spam or costs to users..

I will send an email to my friend (im an engineer, not IT) who set this up for me.. Even if it costs me some money to get the new software which has galleries etc..

I think ots more a function of time..

Watch this space..

Paul :D

hey guys.. im pauls IT nerd mate as you might know :)

I'll look at adding a gallery in the next week or so, and see how it runs, ive been testing some forum skins for some other car clubs as well, so once ive got them up and running ill try and get one out for this site as well.

As with the email subscriptions rusty is on the ball, you can just tick watch this thread, or alternatively click 'profile' up the top and tick the approapriate box to subscribe to emails..

Why people would want this for every thread is beyond me.. but hey.. each to thier own.

I've been watching the current thread started by Paul on Yahoo... and that was a brave effort mate! :shock:

If you'd like help in anyway in developing this site i'll put up my hand.

I have an opinion on the 2 website debacle and i think i'm making my position clear by posting on this site only... no need for another voice in mud slinging. :lol:

Build it and they will come...

If you'd like help in anyway in developing this site i'll put up my hand.

Yea thatd be great mate, im a bit strapped for time of late, and a hand would be great! Next move will be to put a gallery up Id say, and make a theme for the boards.

drop me an email me[at]exstatic.net

Thanks!