I bought my first RS about november 14. It was a 225 lux ph.1 (standard) being sold as a phase 2. I chose not to get it independently assessed which was probably a mistake, as at least then I would have known what I was buying.
So far, the car has been fantastic. I bought it for $10500 with 55k on the clock. My bills so far are:
- replacement 2nd key - $320 (I knew this when I bought it)
- new headunit and steering wheel controls (utterly necessary if you ask me) - $400
- timing belt fitted - $600
- 60k major service - $900
- 2 engine mounts fitted- $300
- 2 tyres (due to puntures FFS!) - $350
- RS Tuner - $500
- short shift mod - $100
So from my point of view I think that's quite reasonable and apart from the tyre cost, nothing unexpected at all.
If you've got a bit of a savings buffer I say go for it. However, at $12800 you're almost at the cost of a cup car, which have much nicer wheels IMHO and is probably a better drive. I'd try and get a standard 225 for around 10k (depending on what needs doing) or go for a cup car.