New member, New MEGANE SPORT 225

forge-l

Hi to all, I've just pickup an Arctic Blue Megane Sport .What can I say, great car and hopefully a good choice to. Was actually wanting to buy a Clio sport but the wife thought it was to small and needed extra doors (we have two young children) she noticed the 225 in the lot and said "what about this" she had to twist my arm so hard :wink: ,One week later went for a test drive and we bought it :D

Bye

Leo

I see you had a question mark against your '93 Bluebird, why?

they were a good car. The Jap version Atessa version was even better.

anyway you've got a Renault now. hope you come to love their quirks as much as we do!!

8)

welcome to the fold.........

we pretty much did the same wanted the Clio, had a few issues with delivery and ended up with the Megane, and it turned out to be the right choice for us also with two small kids !!

As the guys have said already you wont be disappointed.

Where did you get it from ???

petew

Welcome Leo, great to see another Melbourne 225 owner. we'll have to organise a drive together one day soon. Such a great car, sure you wont be disapointed. I couldn't help noticing all the Alfa Romeos you own, did the Alfa GT or GTA cross your mind when looking at cars?

we used to have a 105 GTA replica in the family, my uncle races it now so I guess its still in the family.

Enjoy,

cheers

Dave

Welcome mate. The RSM looks unbelievable in the blue! One of my favourite colours.

It totally does doesn't it! I saw one driving down the M1 the other day and was veering into the drivers lane drooling over it! hehe

Welcome mate. The RSM looks unbelievable in the blue! One of my favourite colours.

It totally does doesn't it! I saw one driving down the M1 the other day and was veering into the drivers lane drooling over it! hehe

I was drooling over Lion Tamer's RSM on the South Coast cruise not long ago... Something about the Blue and that weird butt on them that looks so hot.

welcome Leo!!!

My...you have one mighty smart wife there! ...better look after her :wink: Hope to meet you & the family at one one of the drive days.

...maybe now David won't wimp out on the drives now that there's another 225 to hold his hand :wink: (not looking at you either Winston :wink:)

:D:twisted:

hehee

Aus

Quirks? what quirks I I've owned enough of those type of cars as you can see , it gives them character :D .The Bluebird is a good car extremely reliable just boring and doesnt handle like the euros.

yeah given that you've owned an Alfa dud... you'd have no problem with anythign, even a Lada :D Welcome.

Thanks to everyone for there warm welcome.

I like the idea of drive days , so how many of us 225 owners are there on this site 3 ? .Just had the windows tinted & now I'm thinking of painting the wheels anthracite ? like the Clio sport Cup what do you guys & girls think.

Leo

Thanks to everyone for there warm welcome.

I like the idea of drive days , so how many of us 225 owners are there on this site 3 ? .Just had the windows tinted & now I'm thinking of painting the wheels anthracite ? like the Clio sport Cup what do you guys & girls think.

Leo

I think the arctic blue looks better with the silver wheels. If anything I would go black like the Megane Trophy... But then again I like keeping the appearance stock.

G'day Leo

Nice to see another 225 around the streets of Melbourne, if you see a silver 225 around the south eastern or eastern suburbs give me a wave will ya!? Hope the car is treating you well and that you haven't bumped into any problems, my car has done 20,000km's now and despite it being towed into the dealers cos it wouldn't start due to a faulty sensor it has been pretty much flawless.

Di, ummm....i promise promise next drive ahaha, had a 2 year anni with g/f last time, couldn't avoid that one!

Winston

welcome Leo!!!

My...you have one mighty smart wife there! ...better look after her :wink: Hope to meet you & the family at one one of the drive days.

...maybe now David won't wimp out on the drives now that there's another 225 to hold his hand :wink: (not looking at you either Winston :wink:)

:D:twisted:

hehee

Aus

Geez, tell it like it is!!!!

I'll be at the next one, its hard having a double life sometimes :D

I think there is about 4 RSM melbourne owners on here now.