Overseas Newbie saying Hello

gary182

Hello to all, my names Gary and i'm 37,Found this site through cliosport.net, i am a keen Renault fan having owned 4 clios and a Megane (Clios 1.2 16v dynamique wifes car run that for 30,000miles, 2002 172 in iceburg run it for 55,000 miles in 3 years, 2007 MK3 2.0 138 6 speed dynamique S wifes, currently on 25,000 miles, 2005 182 RB with both cup packs currently on 32,000 miles and a 2004 megane 1.4 3dr dynamique run that for 35,000 miles). I live in Swansea South Wales in the UK.Here are my cars at the moment :D

182, Blueflame full system,Green cotton filter

aaa3az9.jpg

aaa2xq5.jpg

aaa1zd9.jpg

Mk3 2.0 138 6 speed, black metallic and xenons only options

loweredxo4.jpg

rackbw3.jpg

my old Renaults

172(new owner took this pic for me)

photo0003oq2.jpg

the day we picked them both up in jan 2002

editedversionak2.png

and the meggy we had for 3 years bloody hated this car!!!

lastmegneday1000741wv4.jpg

Once again hello to all!!!!

Agree on the the blue Clio. Nice !

Welcome Gary. Nice to see our little forum has an international flavor about it :wink: i think the UK market is the biggest RS contigent, and contributes alot to what Renault does with their RS cars.

Cheers

Steve

Welcome Gary! I had the chance to visit the TRAX carshow (and arrive in a car on the CS.net stand) and it's clear that RS tuning in the UK is MASSIVE.

Blue flame looks great. Have you got any other plans for her? 8)

Alex

Welcome Gary! I had the chance to visit the TRAX carshow (and arrive in a car on the CS.net stand) and it's clear that RS tuning in the UK is MASSIVE.

Blue flame looks great. Have you got any other plans for her? 8)

Alex

heres a couple of other mods 8) One mod i would like is to source clio Trophy Sachs dampers /springs without paying silly money for them.

Carbon fibre splitter

spoilercv1.jpg

Samco Bend

aaa2on0.jpg

Megane sport footrest

ttt1ys0.jpg

Awsome idea to put a set of Sach shockers on the Clio. Would be close to a Trophy set up. Im still waiting for someone to do it here in OZ. And see what improvements they may get in lap times.

I think I may be waiting quite a while. Doh !

If and when you set it up be sure to post it on here with pics and prices. As im sure i won't be the only curious one here in OZ. A few trackers may quite possibly be interested in the outcome.

Cheers

Steve

Welcome Gary!

Love those exhaust tips on your 182... best I've seen I reckon. I've got the Remus and love it but if I changed it would be for something like that!

Let us know how you go with the Sachs... I wonder how much they'd be??

Welcome Gary!

Love those exhaust tips on your 182... best I've seen I reckon. I've got the Remus and love it but if I changed it would be for something like that!

SOMETHING RIDICULOUS LIKE 6K AUD FOR THEM

ID BE GETTING AST COILOVER BEFORE THESE PERSONALLY. (OR THE YOZZA REBUILT BILSTEINS)

Welcome Gary!

SOMETHING RIDICULOUS LIKE 6K AUD FOR THEM

ID BE GETTING AST COILOVER BEFORE THESE PERSONALLY. (OR THE YOZZA REBUILT BILSTEINS)

Have seen 2 sets on ebay which sold for £400-600, i would get them serviced , think a full set new is in the region of about £3000, £1200 for each front leg :shock:

Hi Gary, that's an awesome polishing / waxing job you've done on the 182.

(BTW guys, I think you'll find "Blue Flame" is the exhaust system brand on the 182- not the name Gary calls his car. :D )

Yes Blueflame is the name of the exhaust company who makes the system, sorry for the confusion :lol:

heres a link, http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... s1198p4983