Another new @26 -Adelaide

tonydc

Hi Everyone

i thought I'd join the fun, so i bought an R26 (#2647 v/yellow). My friends think I've lost my mind because I'm constantly grinning like a moron. That is until they drive it...then we look like a pack of grinning morons.

I live in Adelaide, so i imagine i will see some of you driving through the hills...Mine has the roof stickers removed.

I sold a 5 series BMW to buy this, and its great to drive a car that does not frown on fun.

regards

Tony

Hey Tony, welcome aboard, and congrat on your purchase. How long have you had it?

There was one at MNR for some time (they displayed it at the Motor Show) but I think that may have been the one that Glen just bought.

Would be good if you could join us for our somewhat regular coffee mornings/drive days :)

woo hoo...

Another smiling Moron. The more the merrier. Welcome aboard Tony :mrgreen:

We morons are due for a drive day soon I reckon 8)

By the way...does anyone on this forum own a blue R26 in adelaide ? I saw one today turning onto green hill road coming from town around 5.15 pm. Looked very nice :) I waved but i dont think he noticed.

Steve

Welcome to the Forum Tony........I'm another of those grinning idiots (Yellow R26 Owner). (Mine is totally nude by the way......no stickers at all) :P

I'm sure you will catch up with the Adelaide boys soon.

Cheers - Dave.

PS - ^^ @ Steve....(R26s only in Yellow or Black in OZ) (Unless it was a special order....)

PS - ^^ @ Steve....(R26s only in Yellow or Black in OZ) (Unless it was a special order....)

Oh ok...It must of been the model before then. Im quite sure it was a 3 door, so possibly the F1 special edition version if i can recall correctly.

Steve

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah, its an awesome car. Ive only had it a week so i'm still taking it relatively easy. I really like the way it points into corners, and the grip is incredible.

I bought it at MNR Qubic, but i think it was on diplay at Unley for a while. I put a deposit on it about 6 weeks ago while i was selling the beemer. i almost bought the second hand one, but it looked like it had a hard childhood. The back tyres were badly feathered after 7500 km and the brakes squealed quite alot coming down old norton summit road.

Let me know about the coffee/drive days.

cheers Tony

PS It came with a black hat Brendans225 :D

G'day Tony!

Welcome to the forum and if i may say so congratulations on the purchase it is a damn fine car.

I bought my R26 september last year. I am still grinning. Hey if a blast through the hills is your kinda thing, PM me anytime and we'll tee something up... we'll see if yellow is really the faster colour! :lol:

Do come along to our sunday meetings (haven't had one in a while actually!) - its a great occasion to have a coffee & chat with fellow renaultheads and then head out for a cruise or photo session...

Catcha dude

Matteo

Hi everyone,

Saturday drove from Kersbrook through lobethal, lenswood and down greenhill road...lots of sunday drivers out a day early. Sunday drove up and down gorge road and out through eden vally. More sunday drivers out, but it was a hoot. Saw about 20 ferraris around birdwood. Must be a bummer having a car that will probably need an $8000 service after a blast in the hills.

i'm starting to get the feel for this car and i'm still grinning like a moron. I'll PM you sometime soon Matteo for a fang through the hills and anyone else who is interested.

Not missing the beemer luxury at all...well maybe the stereo...but nothing else!

cheers Tony