New to OzRS? Registration or email issues? *See here please*

Dish

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! PLEASE READ ALL INFO IN THIS POST BEFORE SIGNING UP!

Welcome to OzRENAULTsport.com 8)

To anyone who has an interest in the RENAULTsport range of vehicles, we encourage you to sign up as a member! :nod:

It's free to join and the benefits are priceless! :mrgreen:

Your e-mail address

We have currently banned anyone from signing up with hotmail/msn/yahoo/gmail.com addresses due to the high number of spammers using these services. If you wish to use an email address of this type, please sign up using another email account and we will then change this for you afterwards (just contact one of the Admin team).

If you have no other email address option except one that is banned, please contact an Admin or reply to this thread stating your details and we'll look after that for you. Your details will not be made public as all posts must be approved first (we'll edit out anything private before it goes live).

Anyone found to be joining only to post spam will be deleted and banned, without exception. :evil:

We look forward to seeing you online soon - and don't forget to say "Hi!" in the "Newbies" section.

Cheers, Dish.

c/o The Admin Team, OzRENAULTsport.com

Guests can read the "Website Feedback", "F.A.Q.", "Newbies", "For Sale" & "Wanted" sections.

Guests can reply to "Website Feedback" and "For Sale" threads.

• 4 years later...
Guest Lugochild

Gday guys

My name is Luka and I have three different email accounts but they are yahoo, gmail and hotmail lol..

I dont have another email that I have access to as my work email will block a registration confirmation email as spam..

I recently purchased a 2001 Renault Clio Sport 172 Phase 2 and id like to join the community for advice and information as i dont know a hell of a lot about my car just yet..

Could you please register me with the email *****@gmail.com under the username Lugochild..

If this would be possible i'd appreciate it..

Cheers guys, i look forward to ur response.

Luka

Luka, thanks for your message. Apologies for the delay as most of the team has been away for our annual meeting. I have added your email to the permitted list, so can you please register that when you get a chance? The activation email will go to your gmail account.

Any further problems, please let us know.

• 1 month later...

Hey Dish, I found this restriction a bit awkward to be honest, and easy to circumvent anyway.

I couldn't sign up (gmail accounts) so I went to an instant mail site (think 10 minute mail, etc) and used that, which is potentially far more dodgy than hotmail etc. So you might want to consider closing that door.

I would have thought gmail was a class above the other two as well?

:wink:

• 4 months later...

Hey there Dan,

Thanks for the heads up. What members don't see are the posts awaiting approval from guests in this thread. There are 3 of them above your message in fact... however, for reasons unknown, we (Admin) don't seem to get notified of their posts unless we specifically look at the thread, and I only did so because I noticed this thread was highlighted in the "View Active Topics" list after your reply.

I know it seems draconian, and there must be better ways of blocking spammers, but it has so far been the best way of stopping the onslaught of the unwanted types who come here to spout crap about cheap prescription medication and how to enlarge the male appendage LOL

BMV's comment about having to register to contact us isn't entirely accurate. I can be contacted via email (as many others in a similar position have done) or a message can be left as a guest, but as stated above we aren't informed of it unless we specifically look at the thread. I'll look into the (in)ability for guests to contact Admins.

I have just added BMV's email to the 'safe list' and have informed him as such. I'll see if my subscribing to this topic will aid in guests' future posts being flagged for attention. Thanks again :)

Cheers, Dish.

Hey Dish

to register for the website I had to use an email address I barely use.. wondering even though I'm a member now - am I able to change my associated email address to my hotmail one?

****@hotmail.com is the one I want. *******@******.com is the one I currently have. Anyway let me know

Cheers

Chiapoco

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there Dan,

Thanks for the heads up. What members don't see are the posts awaiting approval from guests in this thread. There are 3 of them above your message in fact... however, for reasons unknown, we (Admin) don't seem to get notified of their posts unless we specifically look at the thread, and I only did so because I noticed this thread was highlighted in the "View Active Topics" list after your reply.

No worries Dish!

I guess there is some tricky stuff going on in the background to have those posts be invisible to your average member, and hopefully that same concept works with the thread subscription!

just out of interest, have you guys trialled some variation of Captcha, or whichever favour of the month that does a good job against spambots?

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

Please note that we're experiencing some strange email issues. Seems that there are NO outgoing emails at present, for activations, reactivations or email change confirmations, and also subscribed topic notifications, but anything sent to our domain is getting directed correctly.

This means that all activations will have to be done manually by the Admin team. I've received a number of requests already over the last couple of weeks, and I get through them as quickly as time allows me.

To compound matters, the search panel for Admins is not working correctly either... so if you do contact me, please inform me of both your username and email address, especially if you have tried registering more than once. I will delete any multiples, but again, please tell me what they are as I'm not a mind reader LOL

Appreciate your patience and understanding, and if you know of someone that has tried registering please let me know too.

Cheers, Dish.

• 8 months later...
Luka, thanks for your message. Apologies for the delay as most of the team has been away for our annual meeting. I have added your email to the permitted list, so can you please register that when you get a chance? The activation email will go to your gmail account.

Any further problems, please let us know.

Email set from original email address. Thanks.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I'm also having troubles re-registering with the forum

I had previously registered a few years back (username = 'Floww' and email = glebe_gulag@internode.on.net). No idea what my password is as I've been sans RS for four years.

If I try to get a password reset, the farthest I get is an email with the reset link, but then I never get the actual new password.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Having an issue with using the 'Unread Content' button.

It usually clears the post and and returns you to the list of unread topics.

It's doesn't seem to be happening for me now.

Not sure what has happened.

Thanks.

Double post

Thanks.