Hi from Whyalla

DoomedMan

Thought I'd pop I line, say hi to you all.

Bought a Clio Sport 03 in silver last week and was told to come here for a chat.

As far as I know I own the only clio in Whyalla, a town owned by a large brigade of v8 utes and SS commodores, if you don't drive a ford or holden here you go largely unrecognised, which is more my style.

Look forward to chatting with you all and sorting out my yet unmolested ride.

DM

Welcome mate, lots of us in Adelaide if you ever come down. You must be a distictive sight up there i imagine, bet the cops have no idea what it is either..

Any nice roads around the town?

Welcome mate!!

Enjoy the site n get some pics up 8)

Cheers,

Alex

Drive to Adelaide is about 350kms, all straight roads. Only road in Whyalla with anything resembling a corner is the short drive up the hummick hill lookout (about 3 corners all up). Next closest is the Horricks Pass, about 170 kms away but definitely worth the trip, will get out there soon.

Will get some pics up soon, even managed to get all my music gear in back.

DM

Welcome, pity you don't have many corners to appreciate the handling. You can still enjoy the "big car feel" at the open limit. :wink:

As far as I know I own the only clio in Whyalla, a town owned by a large brigade of v8 utes and SS commodores, if you don't drive a ford or holden here you go largely unrecognised, which is more my style.

Sounds like Elizabeth and Salisbury..... :lol:

I'm from Pirie mate!! I go up there every second weekend ( my girl teaches at JPSS), YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

-Rob E

how old are you?

Hi Rob

27 years old.

Should catch up for a dsrive somtime.

DM

Howdy there! I sometime get up to Aligator Gorge area for a camp...not too far from Whyalla..in SA terms anyways :wink: I want to go to the flinders soon so perhaps an OZrs SA chapter long distance run is in order? Anyone?? :)

welcome aboard mate!

will be scooting through that way (wrong side of the gulf though) on my way up to roxby coming monday, no doubt will be having a dodgy breakfast in portagutter at sunrise... so not too far away!

will again be up that way in a couple of weeks checking out some mtb trails at melrose, per jamie, any takers? going early morning saturday 14th!