• Yahoo! Oz_Clio_Sport member after this site began
    • Received an invitation/card from another member
    • Received an invitation/card from a dealer/other
    • Search engine result
    • saw a reference in a magazine/publication
    • recommended by a friend
    • other (please specify below...)

• 9 months later...

Looking for my first car about a year and a half ago, was looking at a4 quattros = gutless, dad said any Renaults, found Clio sport, did research = amazed! Drove a terrible example with terrible history = still astonished! by how much fun it was!

Did research on net found this forum on google, joined later bought my first renaultsport Clio, perfect example!

(didn't know this thread existed)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I went in to buy my RS250 and met Joey (FIR-26T) for the first time, he asked me if I was a member here. After I had completed settlement for finance I had to wait a couple of days to pick up my 250. I don't handle waiting for exciting new toys very well - I get way too excited :hyper:

With some idle time and my over excitement I knew I had to be around other enthusiasts as my friends, family and workmates would surely get sick of me / jealous of me wanting to talk about the 250 all the time :lol:

I have had my car since December and looked at that time for a forum but this one did not appear on my search. I tried again recently and used a more definitive request with great luck.

So happy to be here now. Great forum!

For all you nostalgic types, here's the Beginning of my whole RenaultSport coming of age. It's a fascinating read :)

Griff had owned his RSC for 3 months, Swish and Hash were still around frequently, Alex (walkie) hadn't found Amelie yet, and Teki had replied to his own thread over 50 times :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4070

Gee, I've come a long way since joining way back in 06' As a wide eyed kid who didn't have an RS vehicle and who said lol a lot... :lol:

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I read an article in 'Evo Australia' about an engine upgrade to 268 kW for RS 250, 265 & 275's by K-Tech Racing in Dorset England and I wanted information about the package (essentially an upgraded turbo, exhaust and engine mapping) including where in Australia I could get advice and a mechanic to fit it. K-Tech suggested OZRS.

• Like 2

Previous owner of my car (the bloke who had it for 2 weeks) posted on here about how he was gonna fix it all up and make it good again.... I somehow found it when i saw the gumtree ad (he linked the website) and the rest is history. Had the car just over a year now (13 months) and couldn't have fixed the little clio without the help of everyone on here. A big thankyou to this awesome community and the people who run it! :)

• Like 2

It's an age thing...

Wow... only feels like yesterday that I collected the car! That's probably an age thing too. [emoji22]

It's an unknown fact, related to a shortcoming of Einstein's Theory of Relativity. The older you get, the faster time passes. At least, that's what's happening to me. ????????

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Bumping up an old thread - cliosport.net

I mentioned I was an aussie when I made my first post there. I haven't bothered to go back there since.

Much prefer this forums layout and the fact that everyone is an Aussie! 🇦🇺

• 3 weeks later...

I should rephrase that, a higher percentage of members on this forum are from Australia than on Clio sport where it seemed not too many were from here. It just makes this site more relevant when troubleshooting/buying parts, meeting up for drives etc.

This is my number 1 site to go for any and all car information. Clio sport has to many ppl trying to have there 2 cents worth without injecting anything positive (or funny) to the topic. Someone could ask a legitimate question and you could scroll through 3 pages of responses before get to a legit answer.  I got in to the Mazda sites when selling my rotary but once it sold I’ve never been back. I’ve also looked into Nissan sites and they are a joke, more knuckle dragging bogans than Holden websites. Local content is just a bonus. 👍

• Like 3