Renault Virgin

Nighthawk

Hey guys, im am looking to purchase a RS 250 megane or a 265 depending on what I can find. Being not familiar with renault cars, I am a bit confused on what to look for when looking at 2nd hand cars. If anyone could point me in the right direction of what to keep a heads up for I would appreciate it. 

:D

On 8/3/2017 at 9:08 PM, Nighthawk said:

Hey guys, im am looking to purchase a RS 250 megane or a 265 depending on what I can find. Being not familiar with renault cars, I am a bit confused on what to look for when looking at 2nd hand cars. If anyone could point me in the right direction of what to keep a heads up for I would appreciate it. 

Good luck is all I can say. The nomenclature of the pre-facelift 265 is stupid to say the least. 

250s are easy. Cup and cup trophee. The trophee had bixenon headlights and proximity key, 19" rims vs 18". chassis the same. a couple of limited edition versions (Monaco for example) had only cosmetic differences.

265, where do we start? If handling etc is all you care about then you only need to know that the limited edition 265 sport didn't have the cup suspension or the LSD. You can tell by the silver 18" wheels and cloth Recaros. 

The others ... Cup, cup+, trophy, trophy+, RB7, RB8, and some others I just can't remember. 

Essentially the best thing you can do is post what you're interested in and we can comment on what we think of it!!

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, Nighthawk said:

Be careful you get a Renault and not a Fiat or Alfa-Romeo.

All those foreign languages sound sortof the same but they do have different words.

Take care and choose carefully.

The three most desirable features appear to be:

- Recaro Seats

- Bi-Xenon Headlights

- your favourite colour.

So once again, avoid Fiats and Alfa's - because they either break down or look funny.

Edited by clixx-io