Announcement: Forum Upgrade 4/7/17

Deb

Re the dark background. If you go to the bottom (left on mine) of the forum page in a browser, and click "Theme", you'll see there's a "default" option, which is light.

Also, "New Posts" seems to be working OK for me now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vaughan said:

First of all, well done on the forum upgrade.

My comments:

I'm not a fan of the dark background.

My main interface to the old forums (and most forums tbh) is the "recent posts" search. On the new forums this is broken, and when clicking on the new topics are displayed, the click goes to the very first topic in the thread. I'd expect to go the first unread post in the thread (or as a cheat, the last post in the thread).

There are two ways of viewing new posts. You can either go to 'Unread Content' - http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/discover/unread/ or through the activity stream, which will also show things such as who liked what post etc - http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/discover/

4 minutes ago, ttimbo said:

Re the dark background. If you go to the bottom (left on mine) of the forum page in a browser, and click "Theme", you'll see there's a "default" option, which is light.

Also, "New Posts" seems to be working OK for me now

Yes, I think a few people have missed my post earlier in the thread!

@Deb Can you update the original post with the above?

17 minutes ago, mmh said:

just a note to let you know under the ipsfocus skin, the social media icons top right link to ipsfocus www address, presumably these can be customised to link to ozrs SM feeds?

Yep, we're aware of this. Only the Facebook one will remain and we have noted it needs to be changed to point to the OzRS page.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:22 PM, DanielG said:

There are two ways of viewing new posts. You can either go to 'Unread Content' - http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/discover/unread/ or through the activity stream, which will also show things such as who liked what post etc - http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/discover/

Sadly, neither of these are of any use if I'd like to read the latest unread posts in the threads I'm interested in (using the "find first unread post" button on the old site).
Using /discover/unread/ makes me trawl through ALL the unread posts across the site, AAARRRGHHH.

Also, the difference between "read" and "unread" posts is a very subtle one for these tired eyes. Is there any way to change the colour or make the difference more obvious?

10 hours ago, baltikal said:

Sadly, neither of these are of any use if I'd like to read the latest unread posts in the threads I'm interested in (using the "find first unread post" button on the old site).
Using /discover/unread/ makes me trawl through ALL the unread posts across the site, AAARRRGHHH.

Also, the difference between "read" and "unread" posts is a very subtle one for these tired eyes. Is there any way to change the colour or make the difference more obvious?

You can change most of the settings - see the screenshot I've attached. There's several other settings to limit the type of content, etc. Play with the settings.

Capturefi.PNG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, baltikal said:

As per ace's screenshot above - you can play around with the settings and filters. You can also create your own 'streams' where you can set different filters.

RE: the colours - this is something that we're discussing in the background

On 15/7/2017 at 10:14 AM, ace said:

You can change most of the settings - see the screenshot I've attached. There's several other settings to limit the type of content, etc. Play with the settings.

Noice! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

34 minutes ago, Deb said:

Anyone else have this issue?

Not sure if it is related however during the last forum update there was an ability to change user IDs (feature was removed after I believe). Not sure if that caused something to go out of sync in the backend.

EDIT: It seems all my profile details have been reset, along with my display pic. Only thing retained as joined date.

Edited by MrDerrickC

Not sure if it is related however during the last forum update there was an ability to change user IDs (feature was removed after I believe). Not sure if that caused something to go out of sync in the backend.

EDIT: It seems all my profile details have been reset, along with my display pic. Only thing retained as joined date.

If you had a different username previously, is it possible you've logged in under a different account?

1 minute ago, Deb said:

If you had a different username previously, is it possible you've logged in under a different account?

So what I thought before was true, it appears that my previous alias has split off from my current alias.

This was my original username, it shows posts from recently however I haven't had the alias tagged on posts for a long time.

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/profile/14919-mrasia/

I believe Dish was aware of the feature of allowing usernames to be changed as he assisted in changing my ID. 

Here is an example of someone quoting my post showing my ID however the post I made reverted back to my old ID.

18 minutes ago, MrDerrickC said:
So what I thought before was true, it appears that my previous alias has split off from my current alias.

This was my original username, it shows posts from recently however I haven't had the alias tagged on posts for a long time.
http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/profile/14919-mrasia/

I believe Dish was aware of the feature of allowing usernames to be changed as he assisted in changing my ID. 

Here is an example of someone quoting my post showing my ID however the post I made reverted back to my old ID.

I'll see if we can get the usernames combined somehow. Confirming the usernames are harbo and MrDerrickC? 

4 hours ago, Deb said:

I'll see if we can get the usernames combined somehow. Confirming the usernames are harbo and MrDerrickC? 

I will try to see if I can reset the password on my other account... from memory it was the same email address used since I never really had to create the new account. 

My old alias was MrAsia, new one is MrDerrickC.

Thanks Deb!

Anyone else having issues with quoting posts in the latest garbage Tapatalk. I can't seem to but on other forums I can.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yeah, bit weird. I selected your post and clicked reply and it didn't do anything. I thought previously that would quote that selected post?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yep just tried again on clio197.net but not on here. This post was created trying to multiquote the two above but with no success. I'm assuming it's a combined problem due to the forum upgrade, the new version of Tapatalk and probably something related to the previous Tapatalk issues when it wouldn't work when the forum upgraded.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

On 7/20/2017 at 0:07 AM, eight said:

The secure login issue is still there. Are you guys going to fix it?

Nothing to fix unfortunately - our current hosting/plan does not have SSL certificates. We will look into this once all the changes and issues with the forum have been sorted out.

On 7/21/2017 at 3:49 PM, DerrickC said:

All sorted :)

5 minutes ago, spedwards said:

I seem to have lost the ability to edit my posts since the upgrade :?

I found by accident that if you select 'quote' bottom right you can edit yours as well as doing this to reply to other posts.

The edit function does not last long after your original post.

I'd like to see the location under your username like it used to be, makes it hard to reply in wanted/selling threads when you don't know where their from.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2017 at 9:37 PM, Treza360 said:

Yeah Tapatalk broken. Can't login to forum with it.

Logged in to report the same. Error says 'Sever error occurred' plus some other details. Would upload the screen shot if I knew how. 

Edited by R182

21 hours ago, Deb said:

Tickets have been logged with tapatalk and IPS, the forum software provider. Apologies for the issues. 

Something has changed and it now requests me to log in in a different pop up window but unfortunately it still doesn't work (refers to a network failure and says I'm still not logged in). Thanks for the efforts Deb. 

• Like 1

• Dish pinned this topic
  • DanielG unpinned this topic