Announcement: Forum Upgrade 4/7/17

Deb

We are in the process of upgrading the forum to the latest IPB software. This will ensure we are up to date and make new forum features available to members.

For this upgrade to occur, the forum will be down for a few hours (up to a day at the most). This downtime is most likely to occur tomorrow, Wednesday 5 July 2017. 

Please bear with us as we work to get the forum back online as quickly as possible and keep an eye on the forum Facebook page for updates.

Thank you for your patience. 

This is not the final skin. The forum upgrade needed to be completed first before the custom skin can be applied (which should happen in the next day most likely)

There is a button to read latest posts. Top right corner - 'Unread Content'

Edited by DanielG

2 hours ago, Deb said:

Tapatalk isn't working, but it's is on the list of things to fix. Bear with us for the next day or so. 

Thanks...was about to ask...!

Top work oh glorious leaders. Always good to see the forum getting tlc. Losing count of the amount of times I've opened tapatalk and gone to check the forum today. It's like an ingrained habit when checking my phone. :P

• Like 2

Were the belts done during the upgrade?

I'm not interested if the belts haven't been done.

(Yes, I've had some wine. It's a lovely Pinot Noir rose from Scarborough. Surprisingly dark but not sweet. It does have a bit of a sulphur zing but that gives it a nice minerality on the palate.)

• Like 5

There's some issues with Tapatalk and we've submitted a ticket with them to try and get it resolved quickly. It's also making it hard for me to get on the forum so I totally understand!

The unread button is playing funny buggers. I'm thinking the site is really slow with the upgrade when you tap the unread button and its from hours ago, so just now I went to home and the latest stuff is from minutes ago.

8 minutes ago, 63x1092 said:

The unread button is playing funny buggers. I'm thinking the site is really slow with the upgrade when you tap the unread button and its from hours ago, so just now I went to home and the latest stuff is from minutes ago.

I've noticed this too and will included it in the list of issues to be looked at. 

I've also noticed a lot of duplicate posts and threads are occurring due to error messages. 

Thanks all for your patience with the upgrades.  We were running software which was seriously out of date, and we couldnt keep dragging the site along without a big shake-up.

Please keep the feedback coming... I know there are some odd font colours and the banner isnt working properly.  We hope to get all this fixed shortly, including of course the Tapatalk plugin.

Cheers

PaulD

The recent activity / unread posts is a fickle beast, so few things show up on the timeline (for example I've seen none of the recent posts in this thread show up). Going by it there's been 6 posts today forum-wide, but dig through the forum and there is way more than that. Odd

Thanks very much for all your hard work. Tapatalk and the "Recent Activity " partial reveal are the only issues I've noticed 

5 minutes ago, BG5WRC said:

Is there a theme option that puts a White background and Black text back on? 

1) easier to read
2) looks more professional when browsing at work.

Not yet, but once the bugs are ironed out we will consider it for an enhancement. 

15 minutes ago, Deb said:

Not yet, but once the bugs are ironed out we will consider it for an enhancement. 

Thanks for all the hard work in the background, to all admin :)

I would echo the visual feedback though - I'm not finding it easy to read and I'm kinda reluctant to open it at work as it is very much non-work friendly.

9 hours ago, mmh said:

firstly thanks for all the hard work of the admin group running this site, it's been invaluable for us.

I clicked the like button on stomlo's post in the car care forum discussion - it didn't appear to do anything

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/786-washing-techniques/&page=4#comment-600036

Appears it is not working for me either. Doesn't seem browser related either. I've added this into the issues register.

1 hour ago, BG5WRC said:

Is there a theme option that puts a White background and Black text back on? 

1) easier to read
2) looks more professional when browsing at work.

For the time being anyway, if you go down to 'Theme' at the very bottom of the page and choose 'Default' instead of Deflection, it will go back to a simpler light coloured theme.

• Like 1

FYI - We are aware that sending of PM's does not appear to work at the moment

EDIT: PMs and liking of posts appear to be working now

Edited by DanielG

35 minutes ago, DOOOOK said:

I can't "like" your post so a comment 'like' it is.

Joys of being an admin I suppose. I might put that on the list of things for the IT guy to fix :D

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

The site is still got bugs with it, especially double posting etc

Any issues that have not been covered in any of the posts above? If so, can you please let us know.

We're aware of the double posting and some of the formatting issues with legacy posts (i.e. the OP here) but I believe we've identified the issue with the this (formatting) and a few other bugs like the unread content being a bit odd.

Joys of being an admin I suppose. I might put that on the list of things for the IT guy to fix [emoji3]

Haven't been able to like admin posts since likes came about (last major update from memory). Can't remember if you could like a mods post. Congrats on the admin status too Deb. :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 63x1092 said:

Can we please have a 

?? Dislike This

button.

pretty please with sugar on top

Don't think there is a dislike button plugin for IPS

8 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Good effort to make the update. But thank F#*k for Tapatalk , is it just me or does the new forum skin look absolutely gash .

Can you elaborate further on the skin?

As noted earlier - this skin is not yet entirely finalised I believe although there wouldn't be any major changes.

Can you elaborate further on the skin?
As noted earlier - this skin is not yet entirely finalised I believe although there wouldn't be any major changes.

I like the black background but the skins colour for text as blue for headings/thread categories and light grey for threads is very difficult on the eye. White text on black , or alternatively white background and go nuts on colour for text.
  • Like 1

First of all, well done on the forum upgrade.

My comments:

I'm not a fan of the dark background.

My main interface to the old forums (and most forums tbh) is the "recent posts" search. On the new forums this is broken, and when clicking on the new topics are displayed, the click goes to the very first topic in the thread. I'd expect to go the first unread post in the thread (or as a cheat, the last post in the thread).

• Like 1

• Dish pinned this topic
  • DanielG unpinned this topic