Famous Car Insurance Experience

Chison007

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 3:06 PM, chuckovski said:

Just spoke to them

Track insurance covering $10000 is only available if you pay $100 prior to the event

I called them a few months ago too and they said if you have a few events scheduled for the year they can discount the premium. I didn't discuss numbers but I went back to Shannon's with that info and the conversation ended pretty quickly.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, just some first hand experience when claiming:

- took about 3 weeks to reach a final decision, although they blamed the towing company for delay of photos for assessment for the claim officer

- they were happy to extend the car hire at no extra charge due to the delay

- when dealing with different consultants, they didn't seem to be aware of conversations between myself and their colleagues, i.e. I had to explain each time about the extension of the car hire due to the delay

Otherwise I was happy with the outcome but not the efficiency. 

• Like 1

A friend has all his stuff with them and they’ve been very good in the event of claims - they pretty much covered a complete rebuild of the front half of his car without and issue and have backed up fixing minor mechanical niggles that arose from it after the repairs. I’ve had far less success in having Shannon’s even warranty repairs their recommended repairer didn’t fix!

• Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily mind staying with them BUT since I started insuring with them a few years ago, the 'agreed value' (which isn't really agreed - they just offer a figure and won't change it) has gone down 30% and the premium cost has gone up 50%.

So time to find another insurer - anyone tried Enthusiast car insurance?

On 07/06/2019 at 12:48 PM, krappy said:

I wouldn't necessarily mind staying with them BUT since I started insuring with them a few years ago, the 'agreed value' (which isn't really agreed - they just offer a figure and won't change it) has gone down 30% and the premium cost has gone up 50%.

So time to find another insurer - anyone tried Enthusiast car insurance?

Yep with Enthusiast now as of this past April. 

Best premium / agreed value balance (whilst limiting distance travelled) and also didn't blink at nominating mods - tuned, exhaust etc. I shopped around a lot at the time and most either wouldn't cover the mods or the premiums were through the roof - ie double.

Hopefully won't have to experience their claims department though!

• Like 1