First Time Renault Owner - Gordini "little Fatty"

nissky

Long time lurker here ... no more...

Just picked up a mint Clio Gordini.

Sounds like little fatty in Portuguese so thats what I'm calling it.

Plus it looks fat from the rear which is the best angle.

Nice drive home, had to take a longer way. :)

Feels nice and solid, with chunky steering feel.

Gearbox and clutch perfectly weighted, I haven't driven a manual in 2 years, but felt natural after a couple of mins.

It has a cold start roughness for about 15secs, sounds like it's pretty normal here... and I need to get the belts done soon. Otherwise it's perfect, even the tyres are still original!

Pretty happy ????

• Like 9

A few pics

20170614 094637

20170614 094859

20170614 094737

Looks tiny in the garage :D
Probably not drive too much until the belts are done, just in case, as its way overdue based on time.
Theres a recent service receipt that goes for three pages from AP renault guys; coolant flush, brake fluid, driveshaft seal leak fix (i think), diagnostics and checks,  subframe tightening, diagonal tyre rotation, throttle body clean, etc etc but no mention of the major service. It would have been time!
Maybe they let it pass due to the low kms?
Got a big discount on purchase price factored in, so all good.

With tyres, 2mm above the markers should be no problem for a rego check right? 
  • Like 4

Looks very nice in white. :nod:

Try different RON fuel (95 or 98) and brands until you find the one your car likes. This will depend on the time of year too.

Welcome to the world of RS :!:   8)

Just went for a first proper drive this early morning.

What a hoot, was just cruising around mostly cause the roads were a little damp.

But even so plenty of fun.

I have had an mx5 a few years ago, and a turbo mr2 so making some comparisons, obviously heaps more power than the mx5 and a lot more grip, and quite a bit more brakes.

Much more planted than the mr2, that one had stiff suspension so always felt nervous, was quicker but I could never really drive it hard with confidence.

I'm over braking everywhere and turning in too much :)

Mid range torque is nice, can leave it in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear and just cruise around.

I was expecting it be a bit harsher but it's actually pretty good, definitely feel road surface changes, but quite acceptable for me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

liking this a lot .

BTW - are we to assume from your pic you also have an R8G ???? how did you ever find an 8 Gordini ..... the love I have for those is tragic and unrequited

Edited by rob 240

12 minutes ago, rob 240 said:

liking this a lot .

BTW - are we to assume from your pic you also have an R8G ???? how did you ever find an 8 Gordini ..... the love I have for those is tragic and unrequited

No no... i wish i had a real one :D have to settle for this version...

• Like 1