First Renault Car

gtmeg4

loved my old toyota 86 but megane gt makes more sense for a daily driver.

any issues with 2017 megane gt so far?

Of course, it's 5-doors and has Auto :mrgreen:

Who knows what will pop up yet.

The engine is Nissan based and they've had it in production in the Jukes and Clio's and nothing has really come up.

The Gearbox is German so it's possible some small things might come up but no big problems are expected. Renault have been jumping to fix issues pretty quickly there so nothing to really worry about there either really.

Let us know how the infotainment system is. Minor problems with the Bluetooth has been mentioned on the older Megane-3 RS's, but nothing major.

The 4Control system has been in Europe on the Laguna's for a while and existed in Japan from the late '90s. It's not really known to be troublesome.

I think just jealousy from the other owners is the big problem :hyper: and looking forward to seeing you at a track or drive day once you are comfortable that the engine is worn in and you are used to the car. The run-in period is much less for these because they have nano-coated cylinder walls so hopefully it won't be a long wait.

• Like 2

There is only one thing to not like(selfishly speaking), that epic new shape, with those fabulous lights, didn't become available in 3 door, with R.S.On the back, before I needed to trade in. Now I have to wait 4 years & 3 months. I really like that blue as well! Congrats!

• Like 1

Congrats on the purchase! I have one also in Flame Red and it's just ticked over 1000kms on mine now. The car is going great with no issues :)

• Like 2

Very nice and what I would be looking at for my next Renault.  What tyres do they come with as OEM?

loving the car everyday..had to readjust the headlights they were set up too low. popped the hood there were two adjustment screws. best pair leds ive ever seen.

loving the car everyday..had to readjust the headlights they were set up too low. popped the hood there were two adjustment screws. best pair leds ive ever seen.

also only unsual thing so far is the auto stop function car made this weird noise when i lifted off the brake and on there was this winding noise like gear wont change lol only happened once at 2800kms

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

also only unsual thing so far is the auto stop function car made this weird noise when i lifted off the brake and on there was this winding noise like gear wont change lol only happened once at 2800kms

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Dont touch the headlight mounting, the height adjustment should be a dial inside on the dash somewhere...