Did A Thing Bought Something French

AntB

Hi All

So went car shopping with the better half a few weeks back to replace her car, which we very different from how I thought... I'm now trading in my S-Edition Forester & picking up a Clio iv RS Cup tomorrow morning & better half is still stuck with her old car :rofl:

**side note for my safety it is our car, I don't need her poisoning my dinner**

About me I'm a massive car nut & always had a soft spot for the Renault's but this is my first time owning one, test driving the Cup was the first time I've jumped in a car that drives like my BMW e30 project/weekend racer. Got a few plans for the Clio but nothing too wild so I can retain my warranty, looking at the exotic mods front lip & sides skirt extensions, SSR GTV02 which i hope I can make fit, & the ren sport rear wing.

IMG_0259_zpsxbyqskfm.jpg

I'm a tad sad to see this go, it currently makes 184kw atw & 807nm(flat four torque is a beautiful thing) 

IMG_0239_zpskoifpjvn.jpg

The Clio's stable mate & ongoing project that will never finish, hours & hours of blood, sweat & tears over the past 7yrs 

image3_zpsddeacmni.jpg

• Like 12

Welcome mate! Glad to see you in a Clio - I've spotted and drooled over your E30 at many events (from memory you were a regular at Cavallino C&C?). Looking forward to your progress with the 200!

• Like 1

Thought the username sounded familiar. Mate you're in a Renault now?! Congratulations! As above, that E30 you've got still one of my favourite builds. I haven't seen it go in a while but hard to imagine it pulling any less than like a freight train :wink:

Edited by cloudy
  • Like 1

Welcome mate! Glad to see you in a Clio - I've spotted and drooled over your E30 at many events (from memory you were a regular at Cavallino C&C?). Looking forward to your progress with the 200!

Thanks mate, I really miss the days of Cavallnio C&C, aside from traffic congestion it was a great event & such a eclectic collection of cars. 

Thought the username sounded familiar. Mate you're in a Renault now?! Congratulations! As above, that E30 you've got still one of my favourite builds. I haven't seen it go in a while but hard to imagine it pulling any less than like a freight train :wink:

haha I though I might find you on here, funny fact your Renault experiences is part of what motivated me to make the jump. There is a new engine build under way for the e30 lets say the m30b35 will be more fun  :wink: 

• Like 2

Haha, welcome Ant.

I met you a few years back when i had my e30, you were the first one to come up and say hi at an Allstars Eurofest event.

Funny how car enthusiasts go full circle. I'm waiting for my current car to sell so i can look at purchasing a RS200 Clio or RS265

Haha, welcome Ant.

I met you a few years back when i had my e30, you were the first one to come up and say hi at an Allstars Eurofest event.

Funny how car enthusiasts go full circle. I'm waiting for my current car to sell so i can look at purchasing a RS200 Clio or RS265

It's a small world, I find the Clio very much like the e30 with its characteristics.

Picked up the car yesterday & clocked up a little over 110km's on it so far, yet to really push it but still having fun. I have noticed one concerning this & that is a horrible burning plastic smell which I hope is just new car things but has me a tad worried.

• Like 1

It's a small world, I find the Clio very much like the e30 with its characteristics.

Picked up the car yesterday & clocked up a little over 110km's on it so far, yet to really push it but still having fun. I have noticed one concerning this & that is a horrible burning plastic smell which I hope is just new car things but has me a tad worried.

Pretty sure that's new car smell and probably comes from the new manifold/exhaust/muffler...take your pick.. :mrgreen:

• Like 1

I traded my beautiful CLIO on a Forester Turbo diesel and my partner cried for 2 hrs.  :nod: