Megane Gt

Hobz

Howdy, I bought a new Megane GT last year great car but am thinking of selling it and picking up a Clio rs 200. Can anyone tell me the differences between the rs 200 trophy and the rs 200 premium.

I have read from some of the really useful postings that there is a marked difference between the Cup and Trophy regarding Chassis and the ride so wondered if the same would be true between the Trophy and the Premium.

Hope these questions not to basic I am just trying to get the model diffs sorted as I hunt down options in the car trader for something around 25k - is this a good place to find Clio RS.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Hobz,

Hope these questions not to basic I am just trying to get the model diffs sorted as I hunt down options in the car trader for something around 25k - is this a good place to find Clio RS.

This is a really good place to find a Clio RS, because the best loved Clio's are most likely to be on this forum.

Have a look in the 'For Sale' section, there's some really good Clio's there.

• Like 1

Howdy, I bought a new Megane GT last year great car but am thinking of selling it and picking up a Clio rs 200. Can anyone tell me the differences between the rs 200 trophy and the rs 200 premium.

It is essentially the same thing, as i understand it.

Within both the Sport and Cup models, each has a 'Trophy/ Premium' and 'non Trophy/ Premium' spec. Before a date it was referred to as Trophy and after a certain date it was relabelled Premium.

The Trophy/ Premium version has reversing camera+ PDC, improved sound system, leather/ faux leather, RS Monitor in the media centre, climate control and heated front seats.

I have read from some of the really useful postings that there is a marked difference between the Cup and Trophy regarding Chassis and the ride so wondered if the same would be true between the Trophy and the Premium.

Cheers

Just out of interest what's your reason to change from Megane GT to Clio RS?

What are you looking for in the Clio that the megane did not have?

It might be a "GT Line" rather than the straight "GT".

A GT-Line is still a GT, but I'm guessing here and happy to be corrected.

I used to have a MX-5 and am missing that 2litre on tap power when I drive my Meagane GT Line over the last year as the 1.2litre turbo just dosen't have that on demand delivery so was thinking of a RS clio or even hunt down a 2014 Megane RS 265 to get that smile factor - I have read quite a few threads regarding the Clio and the different views on ride comfort, took a 2016 Clio rs 200 premium version for a test but still didnt have that x factor so am know thinking I need to check out a Megane rs.

I see where you're coming from.

Well, maybe you would be able to find a nice used RS 250/265 at one of the Renault Dealers in Australia using either Carsales or this link on the Renault Site ==> http://approvedused.renault.com.au/

Just take the Megane GT-Line in and trade up.

A few people here tend to buy interstate to get the vehicle that they want, if that's any assistance. Try to get the colour and options that you want.

Really, it depends on the way you like to drive. I came from a FiST into the Meg, & they're totally different animals. Throwing any practical considerations out the window,(generally you have to with a 3 door hatch), the FiST was more fun, more of the time, because it was smaller and consequently more nimble, and had less power/torque. Like a Clio with a blue oval. The Meg RS is, however, very different. Whilst not a huge amount bigger, or heavier, it's a bit more serious in its intentions. It's a car that you cannot ever drive without sticking it in sport mode, it wants to be driven, hard, all the time. And that's where the issue arrives. It has a pretty smooth & quiet engine, one could say "refined". That belies the performance somewhat & could easily end up as, bye bye licence. That said, you learn to drive with your wits, rather than your ears. An RSC3 or 4, will, probably, be more fun, more of the time, but for an outright beast, that will do most of what you want, most of the time, and then exceed all your expectations, when you think you're asking too much of it, then it has to be an RSM3. Add to that, the ride is less choppy than its little sibling and the recaro's are as comfortable as you can get(for sports seats) and it has a manual gearbox,and you'll find it's a great daily driver as well. N.B. Keep digital speedo on at all times, as the analogue is at such a stupid angle, that when you think you're doin 60ks, you're actually doing closer to 70.

• Like 1

I used to have a MX-5 and am missing that 2litre on tap power when I drive my Meagane GT Line over the last year as the 1.2litre turbo just dosen't have that on demand delivery so was thinking of a RS clio or even hunt down a 2014 Megane RS 265 to get that smile factor - I have read quite a few threads regarding the Clio and the different views on ride comfort, took a 2016 Clio rs 200 premium version for a test but still didnt have that x factor so am know thinking I need to check out a Megane rs.

What about the GT220? You get the RS engine but in a more practical hatch or wagon...

• Like 1

Morning all.

I have taken the leap in to the French auto industry !  Megane GT now in the garage from yesterday - and luvving it :) 

First impressions are solid - great handling, not your everyday drive around town, and so much pleasure behind the wheel. And yes, I like techno "stuff" so lots of learning to be done. 

• Like 2

Thanks all for your great feedback - I took a 2016 Clio RS trophy for a spin today WoW thats a fun ride for sure:

Great delivery of the mark in sport mode

Good viability

Really good seating comfort and position

and those paddles worked real quick - would be great to compare with the older (cheaper) rs 200 model.

Dealer is talking mid 30ks

Thanks Stevo16

for your Meg RS  comments yep would like to avoid catching the bus to work much prefer to have a licences to drive - found mention on Whirlpool forum about how Hertz have Megs so thats brilliant will hire one for the day and see how it feels under various conditions - will be a fun day only wish they had Clio trophy as well :wink:

Seen a few 2014 Meg RS for under 30k (None in Briz) so seems competitive with the Clios albeit with up to 50,000km on clock unless I want to go to Perth where there seems quite a few.

Hang out for a Meg 4 - well it would give me the chance to win lotto that is true.

GT220 Hatch did cross my mind but wow are they rare or what. 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the Megane from Hurtz and wish I hadn't cause know wild horses will not stop me buying one - loved that engagement and my god that handling is fantastic pushing through mountain country runs. Thought the performance was good but then hit the rs button and that got my heart pounding what a beast. Having read about the clutch being a tad tricky was pleased with only one stall then after that had it nailed and idling around town in traffic was way easier than expected.  Thought the stop-start function would annoy me but actually found it user friendly, rear-vision was fine and I'm a small guy so did have the seat fully jacked up, only time vision was issue was on a steep hill intersection and the passenger front pillar made it awkward to see oncoming.. It was great to have my daily drive (Megane Gt-Line) to compare it cause while interior layout similar the smile factor in the RS was 100 point up - and 3 after handing it back still grinning. So deliberations are done and I'm seriously in the market for a Megane Rs  if anyone knows of one around 2014 circa - willing to fly most places on the East side.  :nod:

That is a fine looking RS but will suit and deserves a more serious driver than I .

• 2 weeks later...

Off to Tassy on Friday found a 2014 Meg with 30k on the clock very excited indeed - if it all pans out will be doing the Great Ocean road trip then wind my way back to Brisbane over 5 days will be fantastic I am sure. Can anyone guide me in regards to any specific issues to look out for pre-purchase of this Meg - its coming from a Renault approved program so am guessing should be well checked over prior advertised but I am a Newbie and don't want any surprises. Also will it be worth getting it checked independently in Launceston even though its from a car dealer.