New 225 Cup Owner - Adelaide

jc35

Hi all,

So I've taken the plunge and bought myself a 2005 Megane Sport 225 Cup! I've always loved the shape of the megane (and the blood orange is awesome), but didn't realise just how quick they are.

Going by the previous owner and other research, it's got an exhaust system, upgraded air intake and possibly a tune amongst other things.

I believe it used to belong to a couple of members on this forum, so hopefully they can provide some further info on its history etc.

It needs a bit of a tidy up cosmetically, with some paint coming away on the front bumper below the bonnet and needs a good polish, but otherwise a pretty tidy little car.

On the lookout for some new gas struts for the boothatch as they're shot and also some floor mats if there's any floating around. Probably going to put in a double din headunit in the next day or so as well, so I'm open to recommendations there.

Cheers, Josh.

post-22584-0-37060500-1492646846_thumb.png

post-22584-0-36512000-1492646864_thumb.png

• Like 5

Old school fix for the gas struts is to give them a good yank so they end up with a slight curve, that way the boot doesn't fall down onto your head.

Start with a small curve and if it's still falling just add to it slightly until the boot stops falling.

Don't worry about stuffing them up as they're already stuffed, just don't add a big curve to start with.

Edited by 63x1092
  • Like 1

Welcome.  There's a few of us with BO 225 Cups in Adelaide.  I'll keep a lookout for you.

"Probably going to put in a double din headunit in the next day or so as well, so I'm open to recommendations there."

I'll be interested to hear how you go with this and what you end up with. Also how you go with the install and what extra bits you need for it (cables, headhunt cage, trim, fascia). I'm in the process of trying to do this for an android phone and use the mirror cast operations with touch screen.

...On the lookout for some new gas struts for the boothatch as they're shot and also some floor mats if there's any floating around. ... Cheers, Josh.

Good work!

I picked up a pair of hatch struts off eBay from U.K. OR Poland I forget.

... when swapping them out one had obviously failed as "oil" was evident around the space it occupies in the hatch door... so check it out you may have only one to replace...

Probably going to put in a double din headunit in the next day or so as well, so I'm open to recommendations there.

I just bought a Sony XAV-AX100 (double din touch screen with Apple CarPlay). Won't be fitting it for another month as I'm going away, but I am anticipating a tough install. Mine has the Cabasse system with the amp in the boot - that's where all the speaker, power, antenna etc connections go, so might have to extend and reroute the cables. If you do install one, please post notes I can see :)