New Victorian Member!

yiannos18

Hi all!
​Been a bit of a lurker for a little bit now.

Was on the hunt for another car after my pride and joy, a 2012 Kia Rio SLi, got written off at the wrath of a Commodore.

It was a quirky little car that was fun to drive and given a twisty road, could give blood noses to some more serious cars.

However, armed with an insurance payout and some more knowledge about cars than what I did when I got my P plates (and now being fully licenced), I figured it was the best time to step up to something that was... well, proper. And a little different, because that's just the way I roll.

Enter the Clio3 RS R27!

​Couldn't pass up on the opportunity of such an awesome little car.

​There's a few things that need to be addressed but I'll get to them slowly:

• steering wheel is peeling (standard RS from what I've been reading)
  • seats need to be retrimmed and tightened (again, standard)
  • left side suspension top mount knocks (rubber is worn out)
  • few little scratches and dents in the paintwork
  • wheels scuffed
  • drivers door needs to be lifted a bit as it seems to shut contacting the top of the latch
  • NO BLUETOOTH (Cannot deal. Previous car had it and Bluetooth music streaming was a godsend)
​Overall I am super happy with this little monster and I am really looking forward to learning all about it and the community!

-YD

post-22561-0-63845600-1492513379_thumb.jpg

post-22561-0-97397600-1492513391_thumb.jpg

Edited by yiannos18
  • Like 8

Welcome mate, we've met before unless I'm wrong. You were at a Swinburne University day at Winton?

I was in the yellow Clio 172.

Nice to see you found your way into the French car world. Sorry to hear about the last car!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the $800+ rim club. May your Renault rims be strong and free from cracks!

Sent from THE FUTURE using Tapatalk :D

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! I genuinely giggle every single time I start it up, every trip is a wondrous, fun adventure :dance: 

Welcome mate, we've met before unless I'm wrong. You were at a Swinburne University day at Winton?
I was in the yellow Clio 172.

Nice to see you found your way into the French car world. Sorry to hear about the last car!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I believe we have! After watching your Clio banging laps out like nobody's business, the Clio seemed to (unconsciously) be at the top of my list for a replacement car.

​It was a saddening moment but cars can be replaced, people can't. I've popped some photos of a before and after (before photo was the Swinny day)

Welcome to the $800+ rim club. May your Renault rims be strong and free from cracks!

Sent from THE FUTURE using Tapatalk :D

Hahaha, oh dear. I sincerely hope there aren't any cracks, I really do like these wheels a lot :idea: 

post-22561-0-29542400-1492600887_thumb.jpg

post-22561-0-55288000-1492601163_thumb.jpg

I owned an R27 a few years back. I found it to be very stiff. Stiffer than my 200 (it felt), but boy you can throw that thing at a corner at speeds you can't believe.

Enjoy.

BTW people, I got a rear seat to salvage Recaro bolster fabric from. I'll post up a thread to sell bits when I get it apart.

• Like 1