Looking Down The Rabbit Hole - 275

arsenalroc

Hi Guys,

Am looking to jump into the renault world! Wanting to get a rs275 to start things off! 

No idea re the prices and information reems hard to come by so was wondering 35k for a 10k dealer demonstrator 2015 build megane rs 275 cup a good deal?

Was potentially looking at the new GT as it seems a more 'practical car'

Thoughts?

Take the plunge, you won't regret it. I've driven lots of fast and exotic metal, outside a Renaultsport it might only ever be a Porsche or Lotus, such is the driving experience.

I'm an enthusiast who only buys a manual, so for me it would only ever be Meg III or Clio III.

As for price, the sad reality with Renaultsport is they don't hold their value that well. The best buy Megane would be a low km RS250, which you could pick up close to $20k in trophy spec. This gives you $ to spend on the obligatory belts and servicing, perhaps some new tyres and a remap to 300hp with no mechanical mods required. You would even have plenty of cash to do a good audio system upgrade. I'll have build pics and details of mine shortly for reference.

Otherwise, if you want the peace of mind of long warranty, the facelift generally had 5 year warranties. Either way, few look back after owning a Renaultsport.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Am looking to jump into the renault world! Wanting to get a rs275 to start things off! 

No idea re the prices and information reems hard to come by so was wondering 35k for a 10k dealer demonstrator 2015 build megane rs 275 cup a good deal?

Was potentially looking at the new GT as it seems a more 'practical car'

Thoughts?

Are you referring to a 275 cup premium? Or a 265 ? If you can get a 275 cup premium for 35k through a dealer drive away, buy it. 38k was the best I'd seen new, and 37k with 6,000km on it from dealer and this was last year. Dealership prices haven't dropped on line but I'm sure the negotiations would be better now as the cars are 2 years old.

Price sounds on the money, as a guide I paid 38k with 900kms back in December so you might be able to sqeeze a bit more out of it.

Don't discount the practicality of Megane RS, boot is huge rear seats can lay flat and you can fit two kids in the back in reasonable comfort.

Ask yourself this, are you willing to sacrifice pure everyday driving pleasure for the sake of 2 extra doors?

Disclaimer - unadulterated 275 fanboy right here!

It its a 275 cup premium in liquid yellow.  A new one (0ks) is about 40k at the moment. 

Think I should be able to get it lower. 

Test drove one on the weekend. It's fun but that clutch is tricky! 

After owner a r32 golf and mini cooper s and, spending major money on repairs, the bank account holder says only new cars if we want anything with performance!

It's a great price at 35. Check when it was complianced, as this should determine how much new car warranty is left. It should have about 3 years to 4 max.

New 275c Premium should be less than 40k, there is some negotiation but 35k is great.

Feb 2016 compliance.  the only issue is the 10,000kms on it. I feel it is better to go for the new one at 4 grand more with 0 kms and Oct 2016.

Price sounds on the money, as a guide I paid 38k with 900kms back in December so you might be able to sqeeze a bit more out of it.

Don't discount the practicality of Megane RS, boot is huge rear seats can lay flat and you can fit two kids in the back in reasonable comfort.

Ask yourself this, are you willing to sacrifice pure everyday driving pleasure for the sake of 2 extra doors?

Disclaimer - unadulterated 275 fanboy right her

Do you daily drive it? what are your thoughts on long trips on them?

Absolutely, best part of my day x2, almost wish I lived further from work!

Haven't done any seriously long drives but for me the Recaros are great. They feel very firm but they are comfortable. I have a mate who is a bit wider than me and he doesn't like them as they squeeze him a bit too much. Suspension is firm but surprisingly compliant. Road noise can be a bit harsh depending on the surface. Recommend you take one for a decent drive to see how they feel.

As for the clutch, yes bit tricky at first but like any new car once you get used to it, piece of cake. I run in extreme mode which requires very little throttle pedal before engaging the clutch. Problem is getting in another manual and looking like a numpty as you stall or rev to hard looking for the clutch!

Feb 2016 compliance.  the only issue is the 10,000kms on it. I feel it is better to go for the new one at 4 grand more with 0 kms and Oct 2016.

Up to you, if you don't want to save 3-4K then go new. You will also clock up 10,000km pretty quick if it's a daily. The sweet spot was the 275 trophy that guys were selling at 30-32k. Most of the ones now are asking way to much and much cheaper and better value to buy the 275 c premium.

Try offering 37k on a new one