Hi Guys!

Rodman

Hi guys,

I bought a Clio Sport yesterday and pick it up on Saturday.

I'd been shopping for a cheap but fun daily after offloading my WRX earlier in year to buy a family car (baby on the way).

I was looking at 172's and until this morning thought I had bought one. From what I've been reading it sounds as though I might've unknowingly bought myself a 182.

It's an 04 model and has the twin exhaust with no spare. Hoping you guys can clarify if that indicates it's a 182? Is there anything else I can check? Anything specific I can look for in the VIN?

Love the car. When I was younger I had a few fun normally aspirated cards (SW20 MR2, MX5 & Altezza) and did a few track days. This car has that similar fun feel and I'm looking forward to learning to drive it properly. I've never had a fwd before!

Cheers

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcomes and quick replies.

No pics as of yet because the seller has pulled the ad down. I'll grab a few when I pick it up.

Checked the VIN and it does start with VF1CB210. Awesome, I feel like I got a free upgrade! haha

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcomes and quick replies.

No pics as of yet because the seller has pulled the ad down. I'll grab a few when I pick it up.

Checked the VIN and it does start with VF1CB210. Awesome, I feel like I got a free upgrade! haha

Sounds like your timing was just right too, I reckon the price of Clio 2s will be on the up after a Clio 172 won 24 hours of LeMons last weekend.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Picked up the car yesterday and it's great fun so far.

It's due for a service soon but for piece of mind I think I'm going to do the timing & accessory belts too. From the sounds of it Virage and Alpine Affaire are pretty highly regarded.

I'll give them both a call tomorrow and see what sort of price I'd be looking at.

• Like 1