Finally Got My 2015 Megane Rs265 In Liquid Yellow! :)

KeepItLow

Hello Everyone,

I've very new to french sport car, have being looking for a tidy facelift megane rs265 for a while and finally had a chance to own a cup premium model in the beautiful liquid yellow. Got so much to learn about the car, so hopefully you guys don't mind me asking questions if I ever can't figure out something. Thank you and enjoy the pic :)

14900395_10153921181246120_5012170778370042561_n.jpg.e0026099a3a32a4418f760c05d7501ed.jpg

Edited by KeepItLow
  • Like 6

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great choice. You will love it!! Lots of great info on the forum and plenty of folks happy to answer questions and provide advice.

Really good threads to read about your type of car and huge amounts of information, tips and suggestions.

Social events as well as track related activities are available too in the various threads.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the warm welcome, I mainly bought this car for track event as I have more time from work to do my own things now..

Loving the car so far and already read through lots of help information on this forum!  :hyper:

Look forward in meet you all on future events!

PS. I'm from Sydney btw

Edited by KeepItLow

Thanks guys for the warm welcome, I mainly bought this car for track event as I have more time from work to do my own things now..

Loving the car so far and already read through lots of help information on this forum! :hyper:

Look forward in meet you all on future events!

PS. I'm from Sydney btw

Cool well there are plenty of drive days in the fringes of Sydney and a pizza night once a month
  • Like 1

Sounds good Chuck, I'll be sure to come along to meet the guys when work is not in the way!  :wink:

Thank you Stromlo, I totally love the LY.. I reckon its one of the best yellow on the market, I nearly went for a white one but so glad I went LY istead!  :nod:

• Like 1

That Nardo grey RS3 though!!

Nice LY 265 :D welcome to the forum.

Being driving the Megane all day today, felt its more fun than the rs3 since its manual..  :hyper: Hahaa.. I've always being a manual guy!

Edited by KeepItLow
  • Like 2

Being driving the Megane all day today, felt its more fun than the rs3 since its manual..  :hyper: Hahaa.. I've always being a manual guy!

That is a common response with an RS Megane...  They defy both physics and logic it seems.  :mrgreen:   Very engaging to drive, with few peers, even at considerably higher price tags...

• Like 1

That is a common response with an RS Megane...  They defy both physics and logic it seems.  :mrgreen:   Very engaging to drive, with few peers, even at considerably higher price tags...

Hahaaa.. yes! :)

What an apt username - the Meg will definitely keep you grounded at speed but with that liquid yellow you will not be missed.

Welcome to the club and enjoy the new ride!

Thank you Goatman  :wink: Hahaa.. I've used the same username in all car forums

Wow, that does look awesome in LY. Whilst I love the look of Meg IIIs in that colour, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to own one myself - must be turning into a boring old f@rt!

Love the RS though, what a fantastic little garage you have there. A mate of mine bought the very first RS3 delivered in Canberra and that thing was mental, ridiculously quick for something out of the box. And the sound that Audi has coming out of those pipes, just glorious.

Yep, I'm very envious! :yes:

• Like 1

Wow, that does look awesome in LY. Whilst I love the look of Meg IIIs in that colour, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to own one myself - must be turning into a boring old f@rt!

Love the RS though, what a fantastic little garage you have there. A mate of mine bought the very first RS3 delivered in Canberra and that thing was mental, ridiculously quick for something out of the box. And the sound that Audi has coming out of those pipes, just glorious.

Have a chat with Aress... he was similarly dubious of a LY Meg III, a until he bought an 8.08 in LY.  He can now recognise LY envy in others from across a room, football field, or a nation!

True story...

• Like 1

Love the RS though, what a fantastic little garage you have there. A mate of mine bought the very first RS3 delivered in Canberra and that thing was mental, ridiculously quick for something out of the box. And the sound that Audi has coming out of those pipes, just glorious.

Have a chat with Aress... he was similarly dubious of a LY Meg III, a until he bought an 8.08 in LY. He can now recognise LY envy in others from across a room, football field, or a nation!

True story...

Sorry for the late replies, being away on a business trip

Thanks for the comment guys, I'm not as young as you think at age 34 but the liquid yellow from Renault has to be the best yellow from all car manufacturers and I'm so happy to own it! :)

The RS3 is the best sounding car I've ever had, have done a tune and decat so it's a little pocket rocket. Planning to delete the centre silencer on the RS265 for more sound as I felt it's really quiet atm!

The RS3 is the best sounding car I've ever had, have done a tune and decat so it's a little pocket rocket. Planning to delete the centre silencer on the RS265 for more sound as I felt it's really quiet atm!

And a highly illegal pocket rocket. Do you what the fines are for decatting?

• Like 1

And a highly illegal pocket rocket. Do you what the fines are for decatting?

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.. it's a milltek secondary cat bypass pipe, so main cat is still there on the downpipe to make the car legal on the road. It's a very popular mod in the RS3 community that give some performance increase and amplifies the sound.Dont worry, I understand about the straightpipe decat fines and would never wanna take the risk and go that way! :)
  • Like 1

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.. it's a milltek secondary cat bypass pipe, so main cat is still there on the downpipe to make the car legal on the road. It's a very popular mod in the RS3 community that give some performance increase and amplifies the sound.Dont worry, I understand about the straightpipe decat fines and would never wanna take the risk and go that way! :)

I know of someone who copped a $2.5k fine in Victoria, and I believe the EPA can impose fines of well over $10k! Definitely not worth the risk!

• Like 1

I know of someone who copped a $2.5k fine in Victoria, and I believe the EPA can impose fines of well over $10k! Definitely not worth the risk!

I've heard of heavy fines ranging from 5-10k in NSW so definitely not worth the risk what so ever, plus it's so obviously from the fuel smell by driving behind you. I would never do it, just get a high flow cat at least 200cel and keep it legal on the road..

• Like 1

Have a chat with Aress... he was similarly dubious of a LY Meg III, a until he bought an 8.08 in LY. He can now recognise LY envy in others from across a room, football field, or a nation!

True story...

Aye, true indeed. And Mrs Aress was even more dubious. Something about her dead body was mentioned, was that a threat or incentive? Who can tell in marriage. Having owned a LY example for several months I wouldn't choose anything else. It's exquisite.

• Like 1