Newbie Clio 200 Edc

Smouchy

G'day from Sydney. I have owned my 2015 Clio rs200 for a couple of months now. I love it. But, the edc whines.... Is this the norm??? And are these cars unmodifiable

Welcome!

Can't comment on the whine as I don't own one, but I wouldn't imagine it's normal as that is usually only an issue with CVT transmissions.

As for mods, check out the section on Clio IV including this thread: http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/25910-Waldow-Tuning---Clio-Iv-220-Trophy and Craig is selling this http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/26568-For-Sale-Race-Chip-Pro2-For-Clio-Mk4-Rs-200

If you're in Sydney also check out the NSW drive days!

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/25137-[Nsw]-Short-Notice-Drive-Thread

I'd also recommend better tyres and better brakes/pads/braided lines as your first upgrade. But if not cpi tuning as part of renotech are probably best at dyno work in Sydney.

I will thanks. I think my whine is before the box warms up. Coming from Japan cars I could just be nervous about technology I have never had.

A Renault service guy told me. That there hasn't been any issues with the gear box and the noise could be just the fact it is a different set up than I am used to. A dry clutch is noisier.

SWMBO's EDC doesn't make any noises during warm up or normal running, but can get a bit of a momentary squeal if you back off at or near red line.  I am told this is also normal too.

Dry clutch EDC's are not the optimum solution in my view.  They should all be wet clutch units...

A Renault service guy told me. That there hasn't been any issues with the gear box and the noise could be just the fact it is a different set up than I am used to. A dry clutch is noisier.

If it's a hollow whistling noise especially during auto upward gear changes and more apparent when cold then that is normal gearbox/turbo noise in these cars.  Mine has always done it.

• Like 1

I get the whine too.

Get a Res Delete done so you don't hear it

Quoted $122 to get the resonator vanished, which i think is alot. I also argued about getting the rear box converted to a high flow single in single out muffler. He wouldnt do it because "gases would only come out of one side".

it is going to get flash tuned mid month, from a guy in moorebank. Anyone used him before

Sorry, dumb question (i dont seem to know what i bought).

My car has black wheels and launch control....... So it is a cup, yeah???

But no reverse camera.......... Confused now.

Edited by Smouchy

Sorry, dumb question (i dont seem to know what i bought).

My car has black wheels and launch control....... So it is a cup, yeah???

But no reverse camera.......... Confused now.

Leather seats?  If so, it's a Cup Premium (or Cup Trophy as they used to be called).  Black wheels but cloth seats, it is a Cup, which misses out on a few goodies such as reverse camera and RS Link/Satnav.

Sweet thanks, so no camera, cloth seats. but i do have sat nav. Now i am learning. Now bring on the commissions so i can make it faster.

• Like 1

Sweet thanks, so no camera, cloth seats. but i do have sat nav. Now i am learning. Now bring on the commissions so i can make it faster.

Interesting about the Satnav.  Must only be the Sport version (silver wheels) to miss out on that.  I thought it was part of the Trophy spec and later called "Premium" (with the leather seats) but obviously not. 

Strange to put the screen in, but not add a reverse camera...  That's Renault... :news:

Our Sport has satnav; no reverse camera though.

Was it an option - Satnav?  One of the guys on a recent drive day had the Sport, and no Satnav.  That's quite interesting...

So i am back to confusion. I bought it at a good price, i was told it was "entry level" i smashed the salesman.

But after reading on here the black wheels and launch control is one level from base.

I dont mind either way, i like the little car, it is good for my 18km/1hr commute on Parra rd

Was it an option - Satnav?  One of the guys on a recent drive day had the Sport, and no Satnav.  That's quite interesting...

Unsure; ex-demo so possibly.

We subsequently had the MediaNav unit replaced with the Evolution unit (bluetooth streaming issue) and that also has satnav.

@Smouchy launch control available across the range afaik.

Edited by mmh

So i am back to confusion. I bought it at a good price, i was told it was "entry level" i smashed the salesman.

But after reading on here the black wheels and launch control is one level from base.

I dont mind either way, i like the little car, it is good for my 18km/1hr commute on Parra rd

The black wheels denote it being a Cup, unless these were changed for some reason.  The Cup has stiffer suspension settings than the Sport variant (silver wheels).

New train of thought.......... I have a nice little car, with a good engine and entertaining gearbox. Insert a couple of grand and i will be entertained until i can afford a 275 trophy r.

Thanks for all the help though

• Like 1

All RSC4 trim levels have launch control.

18" Black rims come on the Cup by default.

The Premium pack (or trophy for the early cars) added climate control, rlink, leather, sensors all round and a backup camera.

'Base' Sport and cup come with a medianav unit.

• Like 1

Dunno his company. He said he had done a few. $1100 he quoted. Said should get 330nm and I think 175kw

I'd be cautious shoving 330Nm through the EDC as well.  The whine could turn into a louder noise - like a "bang"...

• Like 2