I Am Addicted To Meganes. Yep 225 Cup All The Way

Natp

Hello all,

My name is Nat,

I have just brought a 225 Cup orange. Its standard execpt for a Stage one chip. I love it!!! I have been wanting one for years.

a few quick questions;

- Whats a good website I can buy parts from?

- I would love to buy some new headlights, mine a touch cloudy, (they are the xenon versions). 

Cheers Nat 

West Footscray massive (Melbourne)

Edited by Natp
  • Like 2

you can do the headlight your self using detergent 800 grit,1500 and then 2000 grit sand paper with a coat of clear afterwards to protect followed up with some nice wax to protect them.

should cost you under $20 for all the parts needed and about 2-3hrs depending on how fussy you are about the finish.it took me about that for my Clio 172.

Welcome by the way and yep! check out Ktec and Demon tweeks and a few other U.K places.

Cheers

Sam.

• Like 2

You should all get a real Renault, where the engine is in the rear.

Now shots fired.

Hmmmmmm.... Does that then mean it has impeccable handling abilities when going backwards around twisty corners...? ????

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm.... Does that then mean it has impeccable handling abilities when going backwards around twisty corners...?

Not sure if the rear engined Renault Alpine a110 went backwards when it won a world rally championship.

you can do the headlight your self using detergent 800 grit,1500 and then 2000 grit sand paper with a coat of clear afterwards to protect followed up with some nice wax to protect them.

should cost you under $20 for all the parts needed and about 2-3hrs depending on how fussy you are about the finish.it took me about that for my Clio 172.

Have done this a few times. Best advice is to take your time, do it on a warmer day (or have a heater in the garage), and sand lots.... I got my best results by spraying on like 3 coats and then sanding off (wet sanding) with 2000 grit paper to remove the orange peel, then buffing with a heavy cutter bringing them back up to a clear look. Anyone would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the original covering on the light and the one I had done. Ill grab some pics soon (of my falcons light, did to the clio too but im not happy with the results I got with it).

• Like 1

Hey all,

Thanks for all the comments, I have to figure out how I put this on my phone, so I can respond faster.

I'll give the sand and clear on the head lights a go, Pics to come!!

Cheers Nat