New Old Bloke

Redsline

Hi,

I'm in the process of buying a Clio III RS. My plan is to do track days and the like. I live in the Hawkesbury in Nort West Sydney so plenty of country roads to explore as well.

What seems like eons ago I was into BMWs and had a fairly wicked E30, unfortunately like me as the years have progressed both myself and the 3 series have got a bit lard a***d. I started looking and test drove a Clio RS and promptly realised I'd found what I was looking for! :)

Other cars in the shed are a S3 Forester XT and a current gen Patrol. The Patrol is a hoot to drive for all the wrong reasons, something so large shouldn't be that fast!

My othe passion is Quarter Horses ( we have 3) and the wife and I compete !

Thanks for letting me be part of the forum.

Cheers,

Jarrod

• Like 4

The Quarter comes from being bred to run a quarter mile, so yep just like a greyhound with a saddle and less bunnies :P

Cool. I assume yours are treated a little better than many greyhounds too.

This is our rescued retired hound... she sleeps most of the time. [emoji1]

Anyway, Clio should be fun!

8ec3aea8bdf862a0b42431ef82ddd15f.jpg

• Like 3

Is that like a horse version of a Greyhound? [emoji1]

Welcome.

No- not at all- when you collect 4 quarter horses you actually end up with one entire, complete, whole horse.

• Like 4

Cool. I assume yours are treated a little better than many greyhounds too.

This is our rescued retired hound... she sleeps most of the time. [emoji1]

Anyway, Clio should be fun!

8ec3aea8bdf862a0b42431ef82ddd15f.jpg

Cool!! I reckon she has earned resting rights... ????

• Like 1

No- not at all- when you collect 4 quarter horses you actually end up with one entire, complete, whole horse.

The original drag racers...!!

• Like 1

Akra? You know you want to! LOL, next OzRS drive I be there, be cool if you can make it.

Stock as a rock. And yes I really want to get back into doing car things. Is there a post I should be following?

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/24833-akrapovic-finally-done/?hl=akrapovic

Trust CPC Artarmon with an evolution set up, price is entirely up to you, they do super cars but have a Clio rev-head that will do your set up should you choose to go ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

ok Track Day 1 complete. I did the ARDC session at Eastern Creek on Monday. Its run by SMSP and they have instructors as part of the package. Started slow and by the end and a few instructors later I was reeling in more powerful cars and this was on the shorter North track!

Car was an absolute hoot and has a lot more to offer than my current skill level so that's cool as well.

• Like 5

Right, currently scared! Not against the idea just wondering about logistics. 1. Discuss with Minister for War and Finance.......

If we put black diagonal lines on the rear of the car we could be 'Team Road Barrier'