Hey Everyone - I've Joined The Rs Community

SIGMET

Just thought I'd introduce myself (and more importantly) my new car. Been searching high and low for a RenaultSport for the last few months and finally settled on a 2012 RenaultSport Megane 250 Cup Trophee finished in Glacier White.

Looking forward to getting behind the wheel tomorrow and finding out what all the hype is about!

Also looking forward to participating in the forums, you seem like a great bunch of enthusiasts :)

post-22037-0-26917100-1470740565_thumb.jpg

Edited by SIGMET
  • Like 2

Thanks chuckovski, will do. Need to get familiar with the significant performance increase from my previous car but I'm keen to hit the twisties as soon as possible!

Flying out of Moorabbin, and I think Arthur's Seat is a given! Plenty of good roads on the peninsula to get a feel for how she drives. I've only ever test driven RS cars (never owned anything faster than a 1.8L Astra.... ) so can't wait to see how my daily commute improves :D

Additionally, can anyone link me to any local RS owners groups that may go on the odd drive? Keen to meet up with fellow enthusiasts, and would prefer to give a wide berth to those car clubs that meet up on the Princess Hwy at 1am if you get my drift. 

There are some drive threads in the social section. There's one coming up this month. Keep an eye out for new ones as they pop up in there.

BTW, years ago I got myself a couple of rides in a Pitts Special at Moorabin. First time in a light aircraft. Lost my breakfast on one of them :drool:  :laugh: 

Cheers, and don't blame you for losing breakfast in a Pitts. They do things normal light aircraft just shouldn't....

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and great choice. You will love it I'm sure.  They are very addictive, and some of the most fun you can have in 2 D...  

Tip - Sport button!!  Put it at the end of the pre-flight check list just before takeoff.  Never miss that one...  :mrgreen:

Enjoy!!  :hyper:

Welcome mate let us know when you drive down peninsula ill join ya just down in seaford :wink:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

. It's a great forum....imo

I agree with you! ????

Thanks everyone, already feel at home here. Drove her home tonight and I think I'm already in love... And I'm not sure why they come equipped with "Normal" Mode haha. The throttle response in Sport is addictive and the steering is just so perfect

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, already feel at home here. Drove her home tonight and I think I'm already in love... And I'm not sure why they come equipped with "Normal" Mode haha. The throttle response in Sport is addictive and the steering is just so perfect

I don't know that mine has a normal mode - never tried it...   :mrgreen:

• Like 1

I don't know that mine has a normal mode - never tried it... :mrgreen:

If I try to drive in normal mode it stalls too easily, straight into extreme on start up, sport if it's wet, but then I don't drive as fast as you blokes. ????

Haha ... often wondered this! I imagine it's the only way to get around emissions controls and I suspect that's why you can't just select that mode and leave it there.

My guess too this is the case. Manually operated as opposed to clever automated ones from, who was it again....? Oh. Yes - VW... ????

You regularly drive in extreme mode?

Respect!

I don't have throttle mapping, in RSMonitor, on extreme, only on sport, but find it more responsive, and as you know you get the extra hp. This is the first car I've owned, in just over 50 years of driving, that has got ABS let alone ESC and other driver assists, so don't feel I'm missing much without them. Having said that, in the wet and on roads I don't know I usually only use sport mode. Also I tend to drive fairly conservatively, in any case, my best lap time (around 1:17) at WP attests to that. In the end its about enjoying yourself, being easy on your car and staying safe. And I'm probably a bit old, these days, to expect much more.  

Edited by cairnsy
  • Like 3