Newbie From Sydney

marcus182

Just joined, seriously considering buying a Clio or Megane Cup model under 10k to race next year in the State Hillclimb Championship. Previously owned a Fiesta XR4 and C12 SSS Pulsar.

It's a long term buy, keen to develop over the years, open to thoughts on a good model to build upon. Would like to move into circuit events, perhaps the MRA series.

The aim is to have a bucket load of fun, reliability and affordable to maintain.

Anyway, if you have a moment to share some thoughts, I'm all ears!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Interesting idea and a good one. I suggest the Megane has more potential to increase power easily due to being turbo. Hillclimbs likely to benefit from this and a stripped out 225 will be pretty light and nimble too. Not in the same league as a Clio but for hill climbs maybe the go. Both options very capable on the circuit as well.

Welcome to the forum and I suggest reading the various member ride threads as many have walked this path before you so lots of good experience to help you there...

^^this.  

I thought that had sold already.  If not, that is the one to get for certain.  Hard work all done!!

Thx for the warm welcome, will def search the forum for member track rides. Will have to test drive both the Clio and the Megane before making a decision. Found a Clio on My105 that's already kitted out. The Megane listed here looks nice, good price too!

Yeah lots of choice.  I suggest maybe buy a couple,...

Or a few....

Or even many, as some on here have done!!

Wow! Just found some very nice rides in the For Sale section, didn't realise there was such much love out there for Renaults.

I had a similar shock to you when buying my rs... the non forum classifieds are filled with cars in bad nick at lower prices.... I should probably know..

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Edited by HamishW96

If you know what you're looking for you might find a bargain but you're right, forum classifieds should produce much better quality cars that have been cared for. I'm hoping to find something that has already been modified so I can spend more time driving the car than building it. I like the build process but I'm time poor at the moment.