New 265 Owner

JJH

Hi guys proud new owner of a 2013 265. I only picked it up yesterday. Loving it so far wouldn't mind a touch more induction noise. Anyone have a good recommendation for a good panel filter and where to get it from. I'm in brisbane and looking fowarded to meeting a few of you over time.

post-21736-0-10670500-1464943197_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good!!  Will be interesting to get your take on the difference the filter alone makes to induction noise.

Looking good!!  Will be interesting to get your take on the difference the filter alone makes to induction noise.

Thanks mate, will get it soon just haven't had any time!

Have you done the center res delete? Just wondering if you went somewhere locally?

Yeah that is also on the list, found someone in Bris that will do it for $100. My only concern I don't want it to be too loud I use the car to commute to work so has to be bearable!

Edited by JJH

Thanks mate, will get it soon just haven't had any time!

Have you done the center res delete? Just wondering if you went somewhere locally?

Mine has the Akro exhaust and no sound deadening so plenty of good noise straight off the showroom floor.

Folks also suggest fold the rear seat backs down allioes more sound in. Very cheap mod and may give what you are seeking

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive an older thread. But firstly, welcome to the forum! Beautiful car! Have you done any mods to it yet?

I removed the air filter foam and it did change the sound slightly without being at all intrusive.

I too have thought about mid muffler or back box delete. I'm now thinking about a scorpion cat back instead.

My question for anyone who knows though is on the airfilter. I tried searching but this seemed the most relevant thread. I like the idea of an upgraded panel filter. I recognise it won't give a discernible power gain. It may give a slight noise change but that's about it. But as a mental thing I just like the idea of being able to say I've done the upgrade. Stupid as that is. However that's where my question comes from, I won't get a filter that doesn't filter as well.. K&n and bmc would always seem to be the safe bets but then I've heard people on other Renault forums write about how the oil from these filters has coated their intake tract and ruined mafs. That made me think a non oiled filter would be best? Otherwise I'll just stick with the paper which has no downsides besides being disposable.

Opinions of the majority?

Edited by SBWL265

• 2 years later...