R.s.01S To Australia

RenaultSportGT

Hell of an entrance... Got everybody's attention there.

Need pit crew? If so, let me know :)

• Like 3

http://gtspirit.com/2015/10/24/renaultsport-r-s-01-receives-gt3-homologation/

This will be great to see. Being on the other side of the country I'll be so jealous of a Bathurst drive day before the event. 

Thanks for the support guys.

Re homologation: Stéphane Ratel's people have homologated the car globally for GT3 with a balance of performance kit that only adds approx. €11k to the cost of the car. It's eligibility for the 12 Hour and Australian GT has been confirmed by the organisers of both.

Steve Sutcliffe offers perhaps the best explanation of the performance here (and why it needed to be detuned to be GT3 eligible). 

• Like 2

@junior:

We haven't pushed the button on the RS01s yet as we're waiting to hear if Renault Australia will support the program, but it's the car we'd most like to run for a few reasons. 

Firstly they're built at the Dallara factory to Renault Sport's specs and Dallara have forgotten more about building winning race cars than most other companies will ever know. 

Secondly, they have a Renault badge on them and everyone from Alain Prost to Jean Ragnotti has been involved. Who doesn't want to beat Ferraris and McLarens in something with a Renault badge?

Lastly, GT3 is changing quickly and the cars are now engineered from the outset as pure competition machines. We believe the RS01 is the most competitive chassis and the engine has already proven itself in the Bathurst 12 Hour in the Nismo GTR. 

Edited by RenaultSportGT
  • Like 1

This explains the level of technology compared to an average GT3 car very well. Downgrading to GT3 performance involved engine restriction, steel brakes (instead of the factory carbon ceramics), and reduced downforce. 

I'll put myself forward for Mechanic/ Pit crew if needed also :P 8 years with BMW can count towards something right? 

So does this mean you have now pushed the button? I am booking holidays flights and accommodation if you have. If your suggestion of laps of Bathurst for RS cars comes off I am going to book a truck  berth across the Nullarbor for my car as well  :hyper:

This is getting exciting

I read that earlier today, its pretty awesome news. And a Brisbane local as well. I am very excited about this. I would love to see one in the flesh.

Sounds like that may be possible. And in our own back yard. Very cool!!! So hope it happens... :)